Matthew J. Simone
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Albany, NY
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Matthew J. Simone is an associate attorney at the Albany, New York-based law firm of Gerstenzang, Sills, Cohn & Gerstenzang. Mr. Simone focuses his practice primarily on DWI defense, serving clients throughout the Albany metropolitan area.
In addition to DWI matters, Mr. Simone handles cases involving criminal defense, personal injury, civil litigation and traffic law. He understands the devastating impact a DWI arrest and conviction can have on a person’s life, and he advocates aggressively on behalf of his clients, working hard to obtain the best possible result.
Over his time in practice, Mr. Simone has successfully defended numerous New York residents. His combination of knowledge and experience allows him to provide exceptional, personalized and compassionate legal representation, even in complex cases.
Prior to joining Gerstenzang, Sills, Cohn & Gerstenzang, Mr. Simone worked as an associate attorney at another private New York firm, handling various matters involving criminal defense, DWI and traffic violations and personal injury. While attending law school, he interned at the Albany County District Attorney’s Office and the Schenectady County Public Defender’s Office.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in financial management from Binghamton University, Mr. Simone received his law degree from Albany Law School. He holds licenses to practice law before all New York state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York. He is a member of the Schenectady County Bar Association and the National College for DUI Defense. He has lectured on criminal defense topics for the Schenectady County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
About Matthew J. Simone
First Admitted: 2014, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.dwilawny.com/attorney-matthew-j-simone.html
- I received my Bachelor's Degree from Binghamton University in 2010. During my tenure at Binghamton University, I majored in financial management, was a Division 1 Scholarship Athlete and captain of the baseball team my senior year.
- In November of 2015, as a member of the Young Lawyer Committee with the Schenectady County Bar Association, my article entitled "DWI Practice" was published in their newsletter. The article addressed the new DMV regulations that became effective on September 25, 2012 having Ex Post Facto effect and a modification to Leandra's Law extending the ignition interlock device period., Writer, Associate Attorney, DWI Practice, DWI Defense, 2015
- This yearly DWI trial skills program, chaired by national DWI expert Peter Gerstenzang, features renowned national lecturers covering a broad range of important topics of interest and applicability in the defense of DWI cases. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from nationally recognized speakers on key issues of DWI defense., Speaker, DWI On Trial: The Big Apple XX – 20th Anniversary, New York State Bar Association, DWI, Criminal Defense, Legal, And Vehicle & Traffic Defense, 2020
- To Blow Or Not To Blow & Handling Test Refusals is a program designed to help lawyers systematically handle the late night phone call from an individual under arrest for DWI. The lecture will not only cover how to answer the question, but to do it in a way that does not incriminate the individual making the call. In addition, the program will cover representing an individual accused of refusing to submit to a chemical test at the DMV, and in the Courtroom., Speaker, To Blow Or Not To Blow & Handling Test Refusals, New York State Bar Association, DWI, Criminal Defense, Legal, Vehicle & Traffic Defense, 2020
- A lecture on breaking down Standardized Field Sobriety Tests including the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus, Walk-and-Turn, One-Leg Stand tests, and proving sobriety through these tests. , Speaker, Breaking Down SFSTs & Proving Sobriety, Schenectady County Bar Association, 2021
- I had the opportunity to lecture for the New York State Bar Association and present on the topic of "Ethics & Playing By The Rules.", 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2015
- New York, 2014
- In 2018, I joined the National College for DUI Defense and completed their summer session on in Boston, Massachusetts., 2018
- In 2019, I rejoined the Schenectady County Bar Association. Since then I had the opportunity to lecture on the topic of "To Blow or Not To Blow & Handling Test Refusals"., 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022