Top Rated Gaming Attorney in Albany, NY
Michael Rhodes-Devey is Of Counsel to the Firm and has been practicing law in Albany since 1985. Mr. Rhodes-Devey focuses a majority of his practice on litigation. Throughout his practice, Mr. Rhodes-Devey has represented a New York State Indian Tribal Council, pursuing gaming and other legal affairs for the Tribe. Mr. Rhodes-Devey also has extensive experience representing Harness Horse Racing in New York. His knowledge spans from bankruptcy proceedings, to working with various legislative leaders for necessary legislative changes, to obtaining numerous local and state permits and licenses necessary for facilities to open.
About Michael Rhodes-Devey
First Admitted: 1986, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.townelaw.com/attorneys/michael-rhodes-devey-crim...
- Member, Native American Bar Association
- New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 1990
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 2000
- Member, Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Committee Member, Underground Railroad History Project of the Capital Region, Inc.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1999
- Member, Albany County Bar Association
Pro bono/Community Service
- Homeless Action Committee
- Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York
- New York Civil Liberties Union
- University of Vermont, B.A., 1971
- Lecturer, Labor, Employment and Immigration Laws Affecting the Equine Industry, Saratoga Institute on Racing and Gaming Law, The Government Law Center of Albany Law School, 2008
Last Updated: 5/15/2022