Michele M. Monserrate
Top Rated Professional Liability Attorney in Albany, NY
Michele M. Monserrate is a 1986 graduate of Georgetown University, where she was elected to the Jesuit Honor Society and Psi Chi Honor Society, and a 1989 graduate of Albany Law School of Union University. Michele is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of New York and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Michele is an officer of the firm and an experienced litigation attorney whose practice focuses on the respresentation of physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice cases. She also assists physicians, dentists and nurses involved in disciplinary proceedings before State and regulatory agencies. Prior to entering provate practice, Michele gained significant appellate experience while serving as a judicial law clerk to an Associate Justice of the Appellate Division, Third Department. In that capacity, Michele researched and drafted judicial opinions in criminal , civil and administrative law matters. She has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for the specialty areas of Medical Mapractice defense and Appellate Law, and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Michele is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Albany County Bar Association and Capital District Women’s Bar Association.
- Top 25: 2022 Women Upstate New York Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2022 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 Women Upstate New York Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2015 Women Upstate New York Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2015 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2014 Women Upstate New York Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2014 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
About Michele M. Monserrate
First Admitted: 1989, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.1stlaw.com/Attorneys/Michele-M-Monserrate.shtml
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New YorkJ.D. (Cum Laude) - 1989 Honors: Justinian SocietyGeorgetown University, Washington, D.C.B.A. (Cum Laude) - 1986 Honors: Psi Chi Honor Society Honors: Jesuit Honor Society
- New York State Bar Association, Member Albany County Bar Association, Member Capital District Women's Bar Association, Member Professional Liability Underwriting Society, Member
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated The Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022