Christina Lana Shine
Top rated Family Law attorney in Amherst, New YorkChristina Lana Shine, Esq.
As the founder of Christina Lana Shine, Esq. Attorney & Mediator, Christina Shine brings more than 30 years of experience to the cases she handles. She is a western New York native and serves clients in the Erie and Niagara counties area. Due to her extensive knowledge, she has the ability to tackle some of the most complex family law cases, such as those involving fathers’ rights and qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs).
In 1984, Ms. Shine graduated magna cum laude with an undergraduate degree from Canisius College. She then went on to complete her Juris Doctor degree at the University of North Carolina School of Law. In 1988, she was admitted to the New York State Bar Association and has focused on family and matrimonial law ever since. She later received additional training in the collaborative process and matrimonial mediation.
Ms. Shine believes an amicable divorce is usually the most appropriate option, especially when divorces involve children. However, she provides her clients with options for mediation, collaborative divorce and litigation. She also understands that sometimes, the decision is dependent on how cooperative the other party intends to be. In 2020, her work attracted the attention of Expertise, which named her on its Best Divorce Lawyers list for Buffalo.
While in college, she was a member of the Alpha Sigma Nu sorority. Now, she is a member of several professional organizations. Some of these include the New York State Bar Association, Family Law Division; Erie County Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee; and the Attorney for Child program, 4th Department.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1988, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.christinashine.com/attorney/shine-christina-lana...
- "Attorney for Child" program, 4th Department
- Canisius College Bachelors of Arts Magna Cum Laude in English and History, 1984
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2015
- Member of the Veterans Affairs Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Family Law Division, Member
- New York,1988
- Panel for Attorney for Children in Erie County, NY, 1990 - present, 2020
- Erie County Bar Association Family Law Committee, Matrimonial Law Committee, and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, 2010 - present, 2020
- Erie County Bar Association of New York, 1988 - present, 2020
- New York State Bar Association, 1996 - present, 2020
- Martindale Hubbell Distinguished Attorney, https://www.martindale.com/attorney/christina-maria-lana-405642/, 2020
- Top 19 Divorce Lawyers in Buffalo, https://www.expertise.com/ny/buffalo/divorce-attorney, 2020
- Firm has been A+ Rated by Better Business Bureau, Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/amherst/profile/lawyers/christina-lana-shine-attorney-at-law-0041-29000255, 2020
- Financial sponsorship of the Italian Cultural Center 2019-2020, 2020
- Financial Supporter of Salvation Army of Buffalo 2015 - present, 2020
- Financial sponsorship for the Buffalo City Mission 2015 - present, 2020
- Team coordinator and volunteered for Williamsville East Lady Flames and Sienna College Saints Swim Team to manage fundraising efforts, team bonding/building events and treasurer for high school. For the Sienna College Saints, Christina has coordinated team events and fundraising for the MAAC Division Championship Meet, 2014 - present, 2020
- Volunteer for University of Law School Mediation (equivalent to Mock Trial for mediation practice specific). I have continuously volunteered as a judge for this mediation competition for law students 2000 - 2019 (please note due to Covid this competition did not take place, otherwise, would have continued to volunteer and plan on doing so in 2021., 2019
- Certified Mediator 1996 - present, 2020
Office location for Christina Lana Shine
4476 Main St
Amherst, NY 14226
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023