Top rated personal injury attorney in Auburn, New YorkMichaels Bersani Kalabanka, P.C.
Michael Bersani is an attorney with Michaels Bersani Kalabanka, P.C. in Auburn, New York. A top-rated, award-winning trial advocate with more than 26 years of legal experience, Mr. Bersani represents the rights and interests of clients throughout Cayuga County and the greater Syracuse metro area who suffered an injury or loss as the result of another party's negligent, reckless or unlawful actions. He has been named the "Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year" for the Syracuse Metropolitan area by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Bersani obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Syracuse University College of Law in 1993. While there, he served as editor for the school's law review, and he accepted induction into the Order of the Coif and the Justinian Society for his exceptional academic achievements. A talented and prolific writer, he also earned the Scribe Award for his work, and since entering private practice, he has continued to publish books and articles on personal injury law and other related subjects. Mr. Bersani authored the New York State Bar Association's chapter on "municipal liability" (explaining how to sue governmental entities for personal injuries and wrongful death).
Over the course of his career, Mr. Bersani has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of those with personal injury, wrongful death or tortious claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, medical and legal malpractice, defective products, animal bites, dangerous property conditions, construction accidents, and other acts of negligence or wrongdoing. He has recovered millions of dollars for his plaintiff clients, earning his membership in the prestigious Multi-million Dollar Advocates Forum.
In addition, Mr. Bersani has received numerous accolades from his peers, including recently being named "personal injury lawyer of the year" and "professional malpractice lawyer of the year" (for the Syracuse Metropolitan area) for two consecutive years by the publication "Best Lawyers in America"*. He has held, for almost 20 years, the highest peer review rating (AV Preeminent*) from Martindale-Hubbell.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Bersani currently serves as board director of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, and he conducts lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of topics related to personal injury litigation.
He also volunteers his time offering Spanish-speaking pro bono legal services to migrant workers and others throughout his area.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Appellate, General litigation
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Appellate
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1993, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.michaels-smolak.com/michael-bersani.html
- 2009 Geneva, NY Chamber of Commerce "Citizen of the Year"; Justinian Society (outstanding law student), Order of the Coif (outstanding law student), Syracuse College of Law, Law Review Editor (selective)
- New York State Trial Lawyers "Bill of Particulars", and the Syracuse Law Review
- "Understanding Your New York Personal Injury Claim"
- Municipal Liability in the New York Bar Association Personal Injury Treatise (The Plaintiffs Personal Injury Action in New York State,
- Board Director of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Bar associations of New York State, Onondaga County, Cayuga County, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, American Justice Institute, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Auburn, NY YMCA (president); Geneva, NY Boys & Girls Club (vice-president); Farmworkers' Legal Services of New York (board member)
- Super lawyer by Law & Politics Magazine
- Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum.
- ("AV") in the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell directory
- "Best Lawyers in America", Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year for Syracuse Metropolitan Area, Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- Professional Malpractice Lawyer of the Year for the Syracuse Metropolitan Area, Best Lawyers in America, 2022
- Many. Member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocacy forum.
- Syracuse University College of Law, 1993
- Middlebury College - master's degree, Spanish, 1989
- Geneva, New York 2010 "Citizen of the Year"; President Geneva, New York Boys & Girls Club 2010 - 2012; President Auburn, New York YMCA 2008 - 2010; Farm Workers Legal Services of New York, board member 1998 to present., 2009
- Have served on following not-for-profit boards: YMCA of Auburn NY (President), Geneva NY Human Rights Commission (Chair), Geneva Boys & Girls Club (President), Farm Worker Legal Services of NY, Currently serve on following boards: YMCA of Geneva NY, Blueprint, Inc. (Geneva),Worker Justice Center of New York. Volunteer with under-privileged children after school on Fridays to take them to Y swimming pool. Help immigrant farmworkers with legal issues.
Office location for Michael Bersani
17 East Genesee St.
Auburn, NY 13021
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022