Attorney Teresa G. Donnellan is a partner with Donnellan Law, PLLC, in Ballston Spa, New York. A top-ranked lawyer with more than 29 years of total legal experience, Ms. Donnellan focuses her practice primarily on family law, and she provides invaluable counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Albany metro and Capital Region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Divorce and separation
- Child custody and support
- Same-sex family law
- Complex property division
- Other family law issues
As an attorney, Ms. Donnellan has gained a reputation for her impeccable professionalism as well as her intense compassion and unwavering dedication to those she serves. She fully understands the stress and anxiety her clients are feeling regarding their situations, and she arms them with the information they need to make the best-informed decisions as she works tirelessly to help them achieve their goals and the positive outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
As such, Ms. Donnellan prefers to use collaborative law and mediation to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive and time-consuming litigation. However, she will not hesitate to take her clients' issues to court when necessary, and she has extensive experience in the courtroom.
Ms. Donnellan has received excellent client reviews on Avvo along with countless testimonials and referrals from those she has served.
A 1987 graduate of Dowling College, Ms. Donnellan obtained her Juris Doctor from Albany Law School of Union University in 1991, where she served as moot court board member as well as coach of the co-national negotiation championship team. She also serves as mentor to students at Albany Law School.
Ms. Donnellan is the founder of the Collaborative Divorce Association of the Capital District, New York, and she is an active member of the Adirondack Women's Bar Association, the Saratoga County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. She also serves on the board of directors of Open Arms Adoption Agency.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1992, New York
Professional Webpage: https://dlawfirmny.com/teresa-donnellan
- Super Lawyers, 2015 and 2016
- Former Member of the Board of Directors for the Open Arms Adoption Agency
- Attorney Donnellan is an active member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Saratoga Bar Association, the Women's Bar Association and the Collaborative Bar Association of the Capital District. She has been a member of the Saratoga and Warren County Attorney for the Children panels throughout her career.
- Saratoga County Attorney for the Child Liaison
- New York, 1992
- Attorney Donnellan has been asked to speak at Northeast Parent & Child Society regarding the role of Attorneys representing children in Foster Care, as well as SUNY Albany students earning a Master's degree in Social Work concerning the role of Attorneys for Children and the New York State Court System, and to members of the local bar association with respect to ethics and the field of matrimonial law.
- Juris Doctorate from Albany Law School, 1991
Office location for Teresa G. Donnellan
658 Malta Avenue
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022