Michael A. Santo
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Bellmore, New YorkMichael A. Santo, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Intellectual Property
Licensed in New York since: 1983
Education: New England Law | Boston
Attorney Michael A. Santo is the founder and owner of his Bellmore, New York, law office, Michael A. Santo Attorney. A top-ranked and award-winning trial lawyer with more than 37 years of total legal experience, Mr. Santo provides unmatched legal counsel and support to clients throughout Nassau County and Long Island as well as the greater New York City metro area who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Medical malpractice
· Nursing home neglect and abuse
· Other serious personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from acts of negligence or wrongdoing
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Santo has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients who have suffered needlessly through no fault of their own. He has gained a reputation as a fierce and tireless advocate who aggressively pursues the favorable outcomes his clients expect and deserve, and he routinely volunteers his time and services pro bono for those less fortunate in his community.
In honor of his impeccable professionalism and outstanding service, Mr. Santo has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell and was chosen among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. In addition, he has received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the New York State Order Sons of Italy, and he holds a Top Lawyer listing in Who's Who Legal.
After graduating magna cum laude from CW Post: Long Island University in 1979 with a master's degree in criminal justice, Mr. Santo obtained his Juris Doctor from New England Law | Boston in 1982. While there, he served as the managing editor of the New England Law Review. He holds his license to practice in New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts as well as before various federal courts across his region.
Mr. Santo once worked as a Deputy County Attorney with Nassau County, where he handled numerous claims involving liability and civil rights violations. He is an active member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Nassau County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1982, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://santolawgroup.com/
- Mr. Santo has lectured for the Nassau County Bar Association and the NY State Bar Association on topics running from civil procedure issues, Bills of Particulars, Expert Witnesses, Premises Liability matters and Products Liability Claims., Lecturer
- I have represented a host of injured parties where the injuries took place on the job, in a hospital, at construction sites, and in the home. The commonality here is that the injured party was caused harm by another party's negligence and/or malpractice. I continue to represent artists and owners of art in their endeavour to reach the market with their products or holdings. I have also conducted research on the authenticity of a major art piece as well as helped an artist market her (and my--I share 50/50 in the copyright) sculpture.
- I have earned a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice and served as a legal intern in an array of fields: NEW YORK COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NASSAU COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NASSAU COUNTY LEGAL AID SOCIETY NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF INVESTIGATION CIVIL DIVISION: US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE: BOSTON PRIVATE PRACTICE: FEDERAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE
- Mr. Santo has settled or reached verdicts on hundreds of civil cases over the years in both the Federal and State Courts, resulting in over 50 Million dollars on behalf of injured parties.
- Mr. Santo is active in the community: he is the pro bono legal counsel to the New York State Order Sons of Italy in America’s Executive Board, it’s Foundation and the Commission for Social Justice, the anti-defamation arm of the Order; he has served as a community member of the Grants & Research/Institutional Review Board of the Nassau University Medical Center; he is a director of H.E.V.N., a local anti-gang organization committed to eradicating violence and helping young people re-establish their lives in the community; and, he is a seasonal volunteer who has organized a group to raise funds in order to purchase, wrap and personally deliver gifts and clothing for needy families during the holidays, which has been covered in the newspaper, Newsday, in 2008 and 2009.
- My pro bono career has involved the representation of: A fisherman whose boat was destroyed in a collision at sea; A blind man who unfairly had a marital judgment issued against him (set it aside); A New York State Town Judge who was facing the sanction of removal from the bench; A CPA facing a civil negligence suit for having improperly filed a woman's tax filing over a course of 15 years (dismissed at the Appellate level). NYS ORDER SONS OF ITALY IN AMERICA, as Counsel to the Foundation Board, the Executive Board and it's anti-defamation arm, the Commission for Social Justice
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Federal Courts in NY, NJ
- New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts
- Martindale Hubbell: Pre-Eminent Lawyers & 5.0/5.0 Ethics Designation
- Global Directory of Who’s Who
- New York Times, New York City Metro Area, Top Attorney
- Expert Network: Distinguished Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Art Business
- Medical Malpractice Forums
- Plaintiff's Bar
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023