Charles A. Messina
Top rated Family Law attorney in Blasdell, New YorkSmith & Messina, LLP
Charles A. Messina is a founding partner at Smith & Messina, LLP, and a native of Western New York. He has lived, worked and studied in the area. His familiarity with the communities and the families who reside within them make him a trusted ally for matters related to family law. Some of the specific types of cases he handled include father's rights, same-sex family law, matrimonial divorce, adoption and military divorce. His geographic practice area also spans a wide area. It includes Buffalo and its surrounding cities.
In 2001, Mr. Messina completed a B.S. in nursing at D'Youville College. He then served Western New York as a paramedic for eight years. In 2004, he completed his law degree at SUNY, Buffalo Law School, where he graduated with several honors. A year later, he became admitted to the New York State Bar Association. He is also admitted to the U.S. District Court Western District of New York. While he initially focused on criminal law, family law soon caught his attention.
Mr. Messina continues to serve the legal community even when he leaves the office. He is a member of the Erie County Bar Association and serves on the Matrimonial and Family Law Committees. He is also a member of the New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section. Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2005, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.smlawny.com/attorney-chuck-messina.html
- New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 2005
- New York State, 2005
- Erie County Bar Association, Member, Matrimonial and Family Law Committees
- Honors: Elected to The Order of Barristers, 2004, Treasurer of Jessup International Moot Court Board, 2004, Robert Connelly Trial Technique Award, 2003, State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law
- D'Youville College, B.S. Concentration: Nursing (Cum Laude) - 2001
Office location for Charles A. Messina
3990 McKinley Pkwy
Blasdell, NY 14219
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2015