John P. Wegerski
Top rated personal injury attorney in Brewerton, New YorkWegerski Law Firm
A leader in personal injury law, John P. Wegerski is the managing attorney of Wegerski Law Firm in Brewerton, New York. For 50 years, he has passionately protected the rights and interests of those hurt by the negligence of others. He has been assisting clients in the greater Syracuse area and throughout New York with every imaginable injury issue, including:
· Recreational accidents
· Car, truck and motorcycle wrecks
· Dog bites
· Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
· Wrongful death
· Defective products
· Uninsured and underinsured motorist accidents
· Workplace and construction accidents
· Medical malpractice
At his firm, Mr. Wegerski provides a responsive and energetic atmosphere for his clients. He has obtained many favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients by fighting insurance companies and their tactics. He has earned a reputation for his attention to detail, skills and excellent client services.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts degree in economics at St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York, Mr. Wegerski obtained his legal education from Syracuse University College of Law in New York. He became authorized to practice law in all the state courts of New York as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York in 1972 and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York in 2004.
As a trained mediator, Mr. Wegerski has shouldered many mediations and arbitrations. He helps minimize costs and resolve legal issues in the most amicable and stress-free ways possible. But he is aware of the fact that it is not always possible and never hesitates to take cases to trial when needed. He also helps clients facing criminal charges, including traffic violations and DWI charges.
Many professional organizations have honored Mr. Wegerski with membership and leadership positions. He is an active part of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Onondaga County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Oswego County Bar Association and the Oneida Lake Association. He is a former president of the American Board of Trial Advocates – Syracuse Chapter.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Alternative dispute resolution, General litigation
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1972, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.wegerskilawfirm.com/Bio/JohnWegerski.asp
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Syracuse Chapter - Member/President Elect 2011; United States District Court Northern District of New York Early Neutral Evaluator, Mediator, Arbitrator; New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division 5th Judicial District; Attorney Grievance Committee - 1993-1997; New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers - Member; New York State Bar Association - Member; Oswego County Bar Association - Member; Onondaga County Bar Association - Member; Onondaga County Bar Association Judiciary Committee; Oneida Lake Association
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1972
- New York, 1972
- St. Lawrence University - B.A. Major: Economics; Activities: Student Senate, Varsity Football, Varsity Lacrosse, "L" Club., 1964
Office location for John P. Wegerski
9663 Brewerton Rd
Brewerton, NY 13029
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2013