Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Bronx, NY
Personal injury attorney Gustavo Alzugaray manages the Bronx County office of Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, in New York. With more than 20 years of experience seeking justice for the average person in courtrooms, mediations and arbitrations, he has the background and the understanding that helps him connect with his clients and pursue their best interests. He aggressively represents clients harmed by the negligence of another in accidents involving motor vehicles, dangerous property conditions, animal attacks and other injury incidents.
Local and professional community service is important to Mr. Alzugaray. He spent his first years as an attorney working for the Legal Aid Society in Kings County and has contributed his time and resources to many worthy programs in the years since then. He holds memberships with the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, and he recently served as Director of the Bronx County Bar Association.
Mr. Alzugaray attended Stony Brook University and obtained his Bachelor of Arts in political science. He then graduated with his Juris Doctor from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center. He remains at the forefront of the profession through ongoing training provided by such educational organizations as the National Institute for Trial Advocacy and the Trial Lawyers College.
With six- and seven-figure results and positive reviews from his clients, Mr. Alzugaray has a reputation for success. He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
About Gustavo Alzugaray
First Admitted: 1999, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.jmlawyer.com/attorneys/gustavo-alzugaray
- New York
- Bronx County Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- SUNY Stonybrook, B.A. Political Science
- , Llama Gustavo!, Personal Injury, 2015
- Bronx Jury Rules in Favor of Jacoby & Meyers Client in Civil Case. $250,000 Awarded for Pain & Suffering Following Motor Vehicle Accident, 2016
- Bronx Motorcyclist T-Boned, $525,000 Settlement, 2018
- $400,000 Jury Verdict. Our client, a 47 year old Yonkers resident, was traveling on Mclean Avenue in Westchester County when the defendant ran a red light causing this crash, 2016
- Chubb Insurance Pays $700,000 at Mediation, Avoiding Arbitration. While driving through Briarcliff Manor in Westchester, our 42-year-old client's car was hit in the rear and she badly hurt her neck. The driver of the other vehicle only had $50,000 worth of coverage, so we turned to our client's insurers to pay the difference. Our client ultimately recovered a total of $800,000 for her injuries, 2017
Pro bono/Community Service
- Bronx Hero Program, Hero award presentation, Madison Square Boys and Girls Club. Read more: http://www.jmlawyer.com/community/heroes-month-madison-square-boys-girls-club, 2017
- Bronx Hero Program, Hero award presentation, Garden of Happiness, Prospect Avenue. Read more: http://www.jmlawyer.com/community/karen-created-garden-happiness-prospect-avenue-bronx, 2017
Last Updated: 4/12/2022