Antar P. Jones
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Brooklyn, New YorkThe Law Office of Antar P. Jones
Practice Areas: Estate Planning & Probate, Estate & Trust Litigation; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2009
Education: New York Law School
The Law Office of Antar P. Jones67 35th St
Building 5, Unit B505
Brooklyn, NY 11232 Visit website
The founder of his eponymous law firm, Antar P. Jones has a varied practice that encompasses estate planning, probate and administration matters, and federal and state income and estate tax issues. He is based in Brooklyn, New York, and he provides representation to clients throughout the greater New York City metropolitan area. Mr. Jones has been admitted to practice before all New York state courts since 2009, and he is also admitted to practice in New Jersey.
A significant portion of Mr. Jones’s practice is devoted toward his providing advice and counsel to fiduciaries, heirs, and beneficiaries on complex estate tax matters. His work in this regard has encompassed both revocable trusts and life insurance trusts and how they are treated after the death of the grantor. Mr. Jones has also represented clients in the areas of international tax treaties, and his experience has additionally included general corporate and personal income tax planning as well as cases involving decanted trusts. An accomplished advocate, he has appeared on behalf of his clients before the Internal Revenue Service and the United States Tax Court.
A talented musician, Mr. Jones attended Purchase College, part of the State University of New York System, and he majored in piano performance and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1989. He performed on the piano before, while, and after studying for and obtaining a Master of Arts in piano performance from Brooklyn College in 1993. Some years later, he decided to pursue a legal education, and he enrolled at New York Law School. Mr. Jones has both a Juris Doctor and a Master of Laws in taxation from that institution, having received the latter degree in 2009.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Estate & Trust Litigation
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- 60% Estate Planning & Probate
- 40% Estate & Trust Litigation
First Admitted: 2009, New York
Professional Webpage: http://antarlaw.com/attorney-profiles/
- Adjunct professor at New York Law School's LL.M Program in Taxation and teaches "Federal Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates."
- Antar received his LL.M in Taxation from the Graduate Program in Taxation at New York Law School, where he received the “A” grade in Partnership Taxation and Business Succession Planning. Mr. Jones has presented at speaking engagements on taxation and trusts and estates matters. He presented a speech entitled “What Happens When It Happens” at the NHS of East Flatbush in May, 2013. Mr. Jones has co-presented a speech and conversation entitled “Tax Issues Concerning LLC’s” before the New York City Bar Association Small Law Firms Committee, as well. In November, 2011, Mr. Jones published “Providing Capital to Entities or Individuals That Go Bust” on Complinet.com, a website owned by Thomson Reuters. Mr. Jones received an acknowledgment for his work on the textbook, Corporate Finance And Governance, Jeffrey J. Haas, Carolina Academic Press (3d ed. 2006)
- New York County Lawyers Association Tax Court Pro Bono Program
- Estate and Trust Administration Committee of the Trusts and Estates Section
- New York State Bar Association
- This presentation was part of a larger course entitled "Accounting and Tax Crash Course for Trusts and Estates." My presentation concerned the following major issues: (A) What Taxes Need to be Paid? What Returns Need to be Filed and with What Government Agency and When?; (B) Where is Income Taxable--(on a decedent's tax return, on an estate's income tax return, or on the estate tax return?); (C) The Final Income Tax Return of the Decedent and the Decedent's Delinquent Taxes; (D) Basis, Market Value, and Taxable Transfer Issues; and (E) IRA and Retirement Account Special Issues. , Presenter, Tax Basics for Estates, NBI, Inc, Law, Accounting, 2020
- In this course, I gave two presentations: "Negotiating Court Rules, Processes and Procedures" and "Settlement Tips." The former presentation concerned basic technical issues litigants must face in New York Surrogates Court and the latter presentation concerned ways fiduciaries, beneficiaries and heirs can resolve potential lawsuits, or conflicts once they reach Surrogate's Court. , Presenter, New York Probate and Trust Litigation, National Business Institute, Inc. ("NBI"), Law, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Real Estate, 2022
Office location for Antar P. Jones
67 35th St
Building 5, Unit B505
Brooklyn, NY 11232
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2019