Bruno F. Codispoti
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Brooklyn, NY
Bruno F. Codispoti is the founding partner of Codispoti & Associates, P.C., located in downtown Manhattan. Mr. Codispoti’s is known for his attention to detail. He has the ability to make his clients feel comfortable and confident that their customized strategy will be precisely implemented to accomplish their goal.
For more than three decades, Codispoti’s firm has been representing clients throughout the New York Metropolitan area in a wide range of legal matters involving business and commercial law, litigation, intellectual property law, real estate law and estate planning.
Mr. Codispoti has extensive experience in all matters relating to business law, including contract review and negotiation, business formation and dissolution and, when necessary, commercial litigation and resolution of contract disputes. He takes the time to understand each client’s individual circumstances and prepares a strategy that will help get the best possible results in the most cost effective manner. Mr. Codispoti has the skills to assess the strengths and weaknesses of a client’s claim or action and select and implement the plan that has highest likelihood of success. He meticulously leverages the state of the art technology in order to provide efficient and comprehensive services. He cares immensely for his clients and treats them like family.
Fluent in Italian, Mr. Codispoti has successfully represented clients with business, real estate and litigation matters that have interests in the United States and Italy
Recognized by his peers as one of New York’s top business attorneys, Mr. Codispoti has been selected to the 2019 and 2020 Super Lawyers list.
Mr. Codispoti is admitted to practice in the State of New York and before the United States District Court for the Western District of New York, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and the United States Supreme Court.
In 1985, Mr. Codispoti graduated from St. John’s University with a Bachelor of Science in management. After graduation, he pursued his dream of becoming an attorney by attending New York Law School, where he graduated with a Juris Doctor in 1989. Throughout his career, he was honored with the Distinguished Italian American Award by the Federation of Italian American Organizations of Brooklyn, Ltd., the Van Westerhout Cittadini Molesi Cultural, Sport & Social Club and the New York City Council.
Mr. Codispoti is a member of the National Italian American Bar Association, the Columbian Lawyers Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Catholic Lawyers Guild of Kings County, the Copyright Society of the USA and the Intellectual Property Committee of the Brooklyn Bar Association. He is also Past President and a member of the Board of Directors for the Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn and Rockland County. For more than 4 years, Mr. Codispoti volunteered his time as Legal Advisor of the Federation of Italian American Organizations, Ltd. and assisted with the opening of Il Centro, the first Italian American Cultural Community Center in New York City.
- 60%Business Litigation
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Intellectual Property
- 10%Real Estate: Business
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Probate & Estate Administration, Copyrights, Trademarks, Intellectual Property Law, Condominiums & Cooperatives
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Bruno F. Codispoti
First Admitted: 1989, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.codispotilaw.com/attorney/bruno-f-codispoti/
- St. John's University, Jamaica, New York, B.S., Management - 05/1985
- Sigma Chi Beta Fraternity
- Distinguished Italian-American Award - Chosen by the Van Westerhout Cattadini Molesi Social Club, 2007
- Distinguished Italian-American Award - Chosen by the Federation of Italian American Organizations, 2012
- Honored by the Stars & Stripes Regular Democratic Organization 49th Assembly District, 2016
Pro bono/Community Service
- The Italian Board of Guardians, Inc., 1994 to 2009
- Confederation of Columbian Lawyers Association, Member
- Confederation of Columbian Lawyer Association
- National Italian American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member (Intellectual Property Committee)
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member (Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee)
- Catholic Lawyers Guild of Kings County, Member
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Rockland County, President, 06/2007 to 06/2008
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn, Member, Board of Directors, 06/2006 to Present
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn, President, 2012 to 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1992
- New York, 1989
Last Updated: 5/15/2022