Catherine M. Stanton
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Brooklyn, NY
- Free Consultation
A workplace injury is devastating, but it does not have to be financially draining. Catherine M. Stanton, senior partner at Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano LLP, helps injured employees secure workers’ compensation. She represents clients across the state of New York, including those in New York City, Long Island, Westchester, Newburgh, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island, as well as those in Suffolk and Nassau counties. Her practice areas also include Social Security Disability, medical malpractice and personal injury.
Leading the way in the legal community, Ms. Stanton is on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Vice President of the Brehon Law Society of Nassau County. She is past Chair of the American Association for Justice’s Workers’ Compensation and Workplace Injury Section, and past President of the Workers’ Injury & Law Advocacy Group. Additionally she is a member of the Injured Workers' Bar Association, the National Academy of Social Insurance, and the New York State Bar Association.
A workers’ compensation claim presents an opportunity to recover funds needed for medical treatment and even missed wages. Ms. Stanton not only handles every aspect of claims, such as ensuring an accurate application or fighting denials, but she also conducts seminars for peers and workers.
As confirmation of her commitment to clients, Ms. Stanton holds an Avvo “Superb” rating and is a fellow of The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers.
In 1986, Ms. Stanton graduated magna cum laude from St. John’s University. She then earned a Juris Doctor in 1989 from the William & Mary Law School.
- 80%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Social Security Disability
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
About Catherine M. Stanton
First Admitted: 1990, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.workerslaw.com/attorneys/catherine-m-stanton-seni...
- Society of New York Workers’ Compensation Bar Association, Past President
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Workers’ Compensation Section of the American Association for Justice, Past Chair
- Brehon Law Society of Nassau County, President
- New York State Trial Lawyers of America, Secretary
- Inducted as Fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation, 2015
- Selected to the New York Super Lawyers Women’s Edition list, New York Metro area, 2014-2016
- St. John’s University, New York, magna cum laude, 1986
Pro bono/Community Service
- Secretary of EAC Network, 2019
- Workers' Injury & Law Advocacy Group, Past President
- National Academy of Social Insurance, Member, 2012
Last Updated: 5/15/2022