Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Brooklyn, New YorkLozner & Mastropietro
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability
Licensed in New York since: 1988
Education: Brooklyn Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Italian, Spanish
When a spouse’s ability to support a family is destroyed or a family’s dreams of the future are shattered by the death of a family member, you need to call attorneys you can rely on.
Fortunately, the attorneys at Lozner & Mastropietro are as passionate about the law as they are compassionate about their clients. Located in the historic Lundy’s Building in Brooklyn, Lozner & Mastropietro serves the legal and emotional needs of their seriously injured clients. The attorneys and staff are active in their civic, religious, and community associations – they don’t simply represent clients, they represent their neighbors.
Dino Mastropietro has represented seriously injured victims of criminal attacks, automobile accidents, sexual assaults, motorcycle accidents, product failures, construction accidents, airline catastrophes, and medical mistakes for over 30 years. His success in the courtroom stems from a combination of spending years sharpening his trial skills as a criminal prosecutor, as well as obtaining firsthand knowledge of how his adversaries approach cases by representing the interests of large insurance companies and various New York City and State agencies at a large defense law firm.
Rotting Dangerous Central Park Zoo Tree
New York Times and New York Post articles have highlighted the deadly dangers that shoddy inspection and maintenance of New York City's trees have caused New Yorkers and its visitors. Dino Mastropietro represented a mother who was catastrophically injured when a rotting tree limb fell striking her and killing her six-month old baby. The defendants and their insurance companies aggressively defended their inaction alleging the tree branch fell through no fault of their own. After years of grueling litigation, Dino Mastropietro established the defendants' shoddy tree care program and his clients' extensive injuries. The final award of $13.75 million for the family ensured that New York City, the Central Park Zoo, and the tree care company accept responsibility for the dangerous condition they created in the park and zoo and that the family's baby is never forgotten.
Demanding only the highest quality work of himself and the attorneys on his staff, Mastropietro prepares each case with painstaking attention to detail with the belief that it will go before a trial jury. He believes that in addition to skills, talent and experience, preparation makes a trial lawyer most effective in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. His dedication has secured financial comfort for many of the firms clients and their families.
“I believe the trial attorney’s most effective tool is his total command of the law and facts of the case. Nothing beats preparation,” Mastropietro says.
First Admitted: 1988, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lmlawnyc.com/Bio/DinoMastropietro.asp
- Only the Top 5 percent of attorneys in the New York metro area are selected by Superlawyers. I have been selected by Superlawyers in every year since 2010 as seen in the New York Times magazine., Super Lawyers Selectee, Super Lawyers
- $13.75 million paid by the City of New York, the Wildlife Conservation Society, the Central Park Conservancy & Beucler Tree Experts for the catastrophic physical and psychological injuries sustained by a young mother and father and the death of their 6-month old baby in Central Park, New York, NY.
- $3 million for catastrophic life-altering injuries sustained by a pedestrian struck by a tow truck in Brooklyn, New York.
- $2.4 million for the wrongful death of a wife & mother of four children in an airline disaster in Queens, New York.
- $1.65 million for a Staten Island office worker who sustained spinal injuries in a trucking accident on the NYS Thruway near Albany, NY.
- $1.2 million for traumatic brain and bodily injuries sustained by a University of Virginia student struck by a car while cycling to class.
- $1.175 million for a young child who was sexually assaulted at a New York City after-school program.
- $1 million for the wrongful death of a young man in an airline crash in Queens, New York.
- $1 million for an 80 year-old woman who injured her back and knees when she fell on an uneven New York City roadway.
- $975,000 for neurological injuries sustained by an infant during delivery by a doctor in a Brooklyn, New York hospital.
- $975,000 for an Uber driver who suffered spinal injuries as a result of a car crash with a NYC Sanitation vehicle on a Manhattan, NY roadway.
- $775,000 for a 78 year-old pedestrian who suffered a broken hip when she was struck by a car on a Brooklyn, NY street.
- $715,000 for a young man who sustained serious spinal injuries in a car crash with a New York City Agency motor vehicle.
- $640, 000 for a woman who suffered severe shoulder injury when she slipped and fell on snow and ice on a Brooklyn, New York sidewalk.
- $635,000 for a woman who severely injured her elbow when she slipped and fell on a greasy floor in a Brooklyn, NY restaurant.
- $475,000 for a construction worker who injured his hand when he fell from a roof on a county worksite in Westchester, NY.
- Brooklyn Bar Association - Judiciary Committee
- Brooklyn Bar Association - Board of Directors; Judiciary, Supreme Court, CLE, VLP, Technology, and Civil Court Committees; Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn - Past President; New York State Trial Lawyers Association - Member; Brooklyn Women's Bar Association - Member; American Association for Justice - Member
- Rutgers University, 1983
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023