Gregory M. Messer
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Brooklyn, NY
As founder of The Law Office of Gregory Messer, Gregory M. Messer helps people in Staten Island, Long Island, The Bronx, Manhattan and Brooklyn, New York, file for bankruptcy. He has decades of experience navigating even the most complex circumstances surrounding individual and business filings as well as wage garnishment, protection from creditor harassment and foreclosure.
A constant source of support and counsel, Mr. Messer goes beyond simply filling out the paperwork. He also advises clients on how to prepare a budget and how to consolidate debt wisely, though he routinely works with creditors as well. The American Board of Certification has certified him in consumer bankruptcy law. His well-rounded background includes acting as a mediator and serving on panels for several bankruptcy courts in New York.
Acknowledged throughout the legal community as a leader in his field, Mr. Messer holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Messer is a frequent guest lecturer and a member of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, the Bar Association of the City of New York, the New York County Lawyers Association, the Brooklyn Bar Association, the Nassau County Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the New York State Bar Association. Additionally, he is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Outside his practice, Mr. Messer donates hours of his time to volunteer work. He serves as the treasurer of the Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project. In fact, the Brooklyn Bar Association presented him with its Volunteer Lawyers Pro Bono Award and its Frieda S. Nisnewitz Award for Service.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts from Drew University in 1974, Mr. Messer earned a Juris Doctor from Albany Law School in 1977.
Mr. Messer is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy protection under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Bankruptcy: Business
- 10%Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 10%Creditor Debtor Rights: Consumer
- 10%Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
Bankruptcy Law, Collections, Foreclosure
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Gregory M. Messer
First Admitted: 1978, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.messer-law.com/attorney-profile/
- Frieda S. Nisnewitz Award
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Pro Bono Award
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Member
- New York, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Chapter 7 Trustee Panel, Panel Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of the City of New York, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1978
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York County Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Chapter 7 Trustee Panel, Panel Member
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
- Drew University, B.A., 1974
- New York State Bar Association, Lecturer
- Practicing Law Institute, Lecturer
- Bar Association of the City of New York, Lecturer
- New York County Lawyers Association, Lecturer
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Lecturer
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law, American Bankruptcy Institute, 1995
- What Are the Signs That Your Healthcare Debts Might Be Best Managed Through Bankruptcy?: The new healthcare... http://t.co/YPjh1etv1D
- Double Trouble: Hurricane Sandy, Added to Other Financial Burdens, Begs a Solution: Life sometimes doles out bad... http://t.co/QacOQIRFAt
- The Burdens of Student Loan Debt Need Fixing: The financial burdens of student loans rest heavily, of course, on... http://t.co/MpqIh9ZY0c
- Can and Cannot: Debts That Can Be Discharged Through Bankruptcy http://t.co/0ggeFMQdbX
- What Can You Keep When You File Bankruptcy? - For many people unable to pay their bills, bankruptcy is the only re... http://t.co/pBVSJgjRpq
Last Updated: 7/11/2022