Gregory M. Messer
Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Brooklyn, New YorkThe Law Office of Gregory Messer
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Creditor Debtor Rights; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1978
Education: Albany Law School
The Law Office of Gregory Messer26 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11242-1124 Visit website
As founder of The Law Office of Gregory Messer, Gregory M. Messer helps people in Staten Island, Long Island, The Bronx, Manhattan and Brooklyn, New York, file for bankruptcy. He has decades of experience navigating even the most complex circumstances surrounding individual and business filings as well as wage garnishment, protection from creditor harassment and foreclosure.
A constant source of support and counsel, Mr. Messer goes beyond simply filling out the paperwork. He also advises clients on how to prepare a budget and how to consolidate debt wisely, though he routinely works with creditors as well. The American Board of Certification has certified him in consumer bankruptcy law. His well-rounded background includes acting as a mediator and serving on panels for several bankruptcy courts in New York.
Acknowledged throughout the legal community as a leader in his field, Mr. Messer holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Messer is a frequent guest lecturer and a member of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, the Bar Association of the City of New York, the New York County Lawyers Association, the Brooklyn Bar Association, the Nassau County Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the New York State Bar Association. Additionally, he is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Outside his practice, Mr. Messer donates hours of his time to volunteer work. He serves as the treasurer of the Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project. In fact, the Brooklyn Bar Association presented him with its Volunteer Lawyers Pro Bono Award and its Frieda S. Nisnewitz Award for Service.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts from Drew University in 1974, Mr. Messer earned a Juris Doctor from Albany Law School in 1977.
Mr. Messer is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy protection under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Business, Bankruptcy: Consumer, Creditor Debtor Rights: Consumer, Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
Bankruptcy Law, Collections, Foreclosure
- 70% Bankruptcy: Business
- 10% Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 10% Creditor Debtor Rights: Consumer
- 10% Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
First Admitted: 1978, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.messer-law.com/attorney-profile/
- Frieda S. Nisnewitz Award
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Pro Bono Award
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Member
- New York, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Chapter 7 Trustee Panel, Panel Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of the City of New York, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1978
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York County Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Chapter 7 Trustee Panel, Panel Member
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
- Drew University, B.A., 1974
- New York State Bar Association, Lecturer
- Practicing Law Institute, Lecturer
- Bar Association of the City of New York, Lecturer
- New York County Lawyers Association, Lecturer
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Lecturer
- Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law, American Bankruptcy Institute, 1995
Office location for Gregory M. Messer
26 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11242-1124
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023