Rachel S. Blumenfeld
Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Brooklyn, New YorkLaw Office of Rachel S. Blumenfeld PLLC
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2001
Education: Brooklyn Law School
Law Office of Rachel S. Blumenfeld PLLC26 Court St
Brooklyn, NY 11242-1124 Visit website
Attorney Rachel S. Blumenfeld is the founder and owner of the Law Office of Rachel S. Blumenfeld PLLC in Brooklyn, New York. A top-ranked lawyer with more than 20 years of total legal experience, Ms. Blumenfeld focuses her practice exclusively on bankruptcy law, and she provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater New York City metro and all across the state who seek a relief from their overwhelming debt.
Through her legal practice, Ms. Blumenfeld handles all aspects of Chapter 7, Chapter 13 and Chapter 11 bankruptcies, and she offers effective debt settlements services as well as aggressive litigation. From her efforts, she has helped hundreds of clients find relief from their insurmountable debt while putting them on a path to greater financial security.
Known for her compassion and integrity when dealing with her clients, she has gained a reputation for delivering the highly personalized counsel they need to make the best-informed decisions. She also maintains an unwavering focus on protecting her clients' rights and interests at all turns while helping them achieve their goals and the positive results they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Moreover, Ms. Blumenfeld regularly volunteers to help those less fortunate in her community, and she received the Frieda Niscnewitz Award from the Brooklyn Bar Association as well as many other awards and honors for her selfless assistance to low-income individuals. She has also earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 2000 graduate of Brooklyn Law School, she has focused on bankruptcy law for nearly her entire legal career, so she can provide the highest level of representation possible to those she serves. She holds her admission to practice before all New York state courts as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Blumenfeld serves on the board of directors of the Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, and she is an active member of the Brooklyn Bar Association's Bankruptcy Committee as well as the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the New York County Lawyers Association. She also frequently conducts lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Business
- 100% Bankruptcy: Business
First Admitted: 2001, New York
Professional Webpage: http://blumenfeldbankruptcy.com/new-york-bankruptcy-attorney...
- The Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer’s Project honored me (in 2004) with the Christopher Slattery Young Professional Award for pro bono services. In 2010 the Brooklyn Bar Association honored me with the Freda S. Niscnewitz Award for service to the Brooklyn Community for my representation of indigent clients and mentoring other attorneys, Christopher Slattery Young Professional Award for pro bono services & Freda S. Niscnewitz Award for services to the Brooklyn Community and mentoring other attorneys, Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- The New York County Lawyer’s Association
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Bankruptcy Committee
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of NY, 2001
- New York State
- I was invited by Brooklyn Law School Bankruptcy Law Professor Michael Gerber to take over his class and I gave a lecture on the Bankruptcy Consumer Means Test on September 17, 2019). I was invited by Fordham Law School Bankruptcy Law Professor Susan Block-Lieb to take over her October 17, 2019 law school class and give them a lecture on the Consumer Means Test. I speak and co-chair frequently on bankruptcy law topics. My most recent lecture was for Practicing Law Institute on October 2, 2019. Since 2016 I have served as a co-chair of the Consumer Lawyers’ Advisory Committee for the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York. Since 2019 I have served on the Bankruptcy Court Southern District of New York Strategic Planning Meeting Committee and pro se legal clinic, 2019
- Board of Directors of the Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer’s Project
- Board Member of the Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
- I have been on the Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of New York Register of Mediators since January of 2014, and on the Southern District of New York Register of Mediators since September 2019. I am a Board Certified Bankruptcy Specialists in Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law
- chapter 13 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases
- consumer & corporate chapter 7
Office location for Rachel S. Blumenfeld
26 Court St
Brooklyn, NY 11242-1124
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023