Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Brooklyn, New YorkLaw Office of Sofiya Nozhnik PLLC
Attorney Sofiya Nozhnik is the founder and owner of the Law Office of Sofiya Nozhnik PLLC in Brooklyn, New York. A top-ranked lawyer with more than seven years of total legal experience, Ms. Nozhnik provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout the greater New York City metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Estate planning and probate
- Elder law
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Medicaid and Medicare planning
- Providing for incapacity
- Providing for minor children
- Planning for death taxes
- Charitable bequests and planned giving
A native of Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Ms. Nozhnik has lived in the United States since 1991, and she has a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect her clients as well as their loved ones. Along with estate planning and elder law issues, she has extensive experience dealing with domestic violence victims, and she has helped many victims obtain the proper protections they need against their abusers.
In her other practice areas, Ms. Nozhnik has achieved remarkable success helping her clients make the best-informed decisions on the matters that will affect them and their family members for years to come, and she works diligently to help her clients obtain their goals and the positive outcomes they seek for their complex legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Nozhnik has served as a senior member of the Brooklyn Bar Association's Legal Education and Assistance Program as well as its Elder Law Committee and National Grid Foundation. She is also a member of the New York City Bar Association's Legal Problems of the Aging Committee and the New York State Bar Association's Elder Law & Special Needs and Trusts & Estate Sections.
Ms. Nozhnik is also a member of the New York Women’s Bar Association's Elder Law & Disabilities and Trusts & Estates Committees, and she routinely conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics. She also volunteers her time and services with the New York Legal Assistance Group’s Evelyn Frank Legal Resources Program, and she is fluent in Russian.
A graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn, Ms. Nozhnik obtained her Juris Doctor from New York Law School in 2012, and the New York State Bar Association admitted her to practice the following year.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law, Estate & trust litigation
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Will contests
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 40% Elder law
- 10% Estate & trust litigation
First Admitted: 2013, New York
Professional Webpage: https://nozhniklaw.com/lawyer/Attorney-Profile_cp18725.htm
- University of Michigan – Dearborn, Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems, with distinction
- LEAP Member
- New York Legal Assistance Group’s Total Life Choices Unit, Volunteer
- NYLS Chapter of the National Academy for Elder Law Attorneys
- Elder Law Clinic, New York Law School
- New York Legal Assistance Group’s Evelyn Frank Legal Resources Program, Volunteer Attorney
- State of New York
- Brooklyn Bar Association (Elder Law Committee and National Grid Foundation Senior Legal Education and Assistance Program), Member
- NY Women’s Bar Association (Elder Law & Disabilities and Trusts & Estates Committees), Member
- NYS Bar Association (Elder Law & Special Needs and Trusts & Estates Sections), Member
- NYC Bar Association (Legal Problems of the Aging Committee), Member
Office location for Sofiya Nozhnik
1322 Gravesend Neck Rd
Brooklyn, NY 11229
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022