Gerald T. Walsh
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Buffalo, NY
Mr Walsh, a Buffalo, New York native and a 1981 cum laude graduate of the University of Notre Dame, represents a diverse group of clients in complex litigation matters in federal and state courts throughout New York State. As a founding partner of Zdarsky Sawicki & Agostinelli LLP, Mr. Walsh has a wealth of experience handling: business litigation; contract negotiation and litigation; trade secret and non-compete issues; partnership, LLC, and corporate disputes and dissolutions; trademark and copyright registrations and claims; employment and discrimination litigation; regulatory compliance; whistleblower claims; significant first party insurance disclaimer litigation; physician contracts and disciplinary proceedings involving hospitals, health care insurers and state agencies; serious personal injury litigation; and federal criminal trials. Based on the firm's unique, longstanding Native American Law experience, Mr. Walsh represents numerous clients engaged in commerce with sovereign Indian Nations located within the territorial boundaries of New York State. Mr. Walsh has prosecuted and defended appeals in New York State, in the Second and Third Circuit United States Courts of Appeals, and in the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Walsh and his wife live in the City of Buffalo, the proud and grateful parents of two college graduates. Gerry has served as a United States Tennis Association captain/player for many years and enjoys golf, baseball, and classic films.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome
About Gerald T. Walsh
First Admitted: 1987, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.zsa.cc/Attorneys/GeraldTWalsh
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Litigation Section Member, Erie County, New York Bar Association
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Business Administration, cum laude, 1981
- Honors graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, cum laude, SUNY at Buffalo Law School, 1986
Pro bono/Community Service
- Buffalo Racquet Club, Director and Vice President (2007), 2005
- Fitch v National Fuel (NY Supreme Court, Erie County). $500,000.00 jury award for multiple facial fractures and tinnitus suffered by a senior pedestrian struck by a utility van in a hospital parking lot. The case involved unique expert testimony regarding trauma induced tinnitus. The jury's damage award was reduced by 25% for comparative negligence. , 2013
- Mr. Walsh obtained a jury acquittal, after a six week trial, on all counts in the United States District Court for the Western District of New York for a client charged in a multi-defendant conspiracy prosecution. , 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022