J. Patrick Lennon
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Buffalo, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2017
A western New York native, J. Patrick Lennon is a managing partner at Buffalo-based Rosenthal, Kooshoian & Lennon, LLP. He provides representation to clients throughout the region in a variety of matters. In his personal injury and wrongful death practice, Mr. Lennon assists people who have suffered harm through the negligence of others in cases arising out of defective products, motor vehicle crashes, premises liability, railroad accidents and animal bites. Mr. Lennon also defends clients who have been charged with state or federal misdemeanors or felonies such as driving while intoxicated, drug possession and distribution, and fraud, embezzlement and other white collar crimes. He also helps people who are seeking their rightful Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income benefits.
Mr. Lennon attended the University of Dayton on an academic scholarship and received a Bachelor of Arts in history and English in 1998. Returning to Buffalo, he enrolled at the University at Buffalo School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2002. After graduation, Mr. Lennon joined the Erie County District Attorney's Office and spent more than three years there as an assistant district attorney. He handled hundreds of cases involving white collar crimes and vehicular offenses, gaining significant trial advocacy experience.
Mr. Lennon then entered private practice and spent more than two years at a well-known Buffalo insurance defense firm. His experience there gave him insight as to the types of trial tactics that he now anticipates in his current practice representing personal injury and wrongful death plaintiffs. An active participant in several professional organizations, Mr. Lennon's memberships include the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Bar Association of Erie County.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Criminal Defense
- 10%Social Security Disability
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Arrest & Arraignment, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Traffic Violations
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2017
About J. Patrick Lennon
First Admitted: 2002, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.bufflaw.com/home/attorney-profiles/j-patrick-lenn...
- University of Dayton, with Honors, Major: History, Minor: English, Member of Phi Alpha Theta, the National History Honors Society
- St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute, with Honors
- Order of Barristers, UB Law School
- SuperLawyers magazine, Rising Star, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Moot Court Board Member, UB Law School
- Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education seminars
- New York State Defenders Association, Member
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Judicial Committee
Pro bono/Community Service
- St. Thomas More Guild, Former President
Last Updated: 5/15/2022