James Quinn Auricchio
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Buffalo, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013
- Free Consultation
James Quinn Auricchio focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense matters. From the firm's office in Buffalo, he represents clients across Western New York. Admitted to practice before all New York state courts since 2001, Mr. Auricchio is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York.
Mr. Auricchio's client base largely consists of people who have been accused by the state or federal government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. The types of cases, which he has handled include traffic violations, drug and weapons charges, driving under the influence of alcohol, sexual assault, white collar crimes and homicide. Mr. Auricchio has been able to obtain positive results, including dismissals, acquittals and the negotiation of favorable plea agreements with the prosecution.
In addition to criminal defense, Mr. Auricchio's experience includes the representation of small-business owners in regulatory compliance and other matters, and he has a background in family law as well. His successful track record in all of these endeavors has earned him significant recognition from his colleagues, including a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Auricchio has been named to the list of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
Mr. Auricchio majored in English at John Carroll University and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1996. He then went on to attend the University at Buffalo School of Law, and he participated in several moot court competitions before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2000. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Auricchio served as an Assistant District Attorney in Erie and Monroe Counties. He also served as an Assistant United States Attorney and a Special Assistant United States Attorney in the Western District of New York.
About James Quinn Auricchio
First Admitted: 2001, New York
Professional Webpage: http://alohub.com/
- Instructor for the University at Buffalo Medical School and the Erie Institute of Law
- Chair of the Erie County Bar Association’s Professional Continuity Committee
- Member, Criminal Justice Act Panel for the Western District of New York
- Member, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, New York State Bar Association, 2013
- Member, American Bar Association, 2013
- Member, Erie County Bar Association, 2013
Pro bono/Community Service
- Saint Francis High School Alumni Association
- University at Buffalo Law School’s GOLD Alumni Board
- Board of Directors, Heritage Centers Foundation
- Assigned Counsel Program of Erie County
- Board of Directors, Bar Association of Erie County Foundation
- Bachelor of Arts, John Carroll University, 1996
- J.D., University at Buffalo Law School, 2000
- Recognized for his work with a multi-jurisdictional taskforce of detectives and officers from four Law Enforcement Agencies. Only the second Prosecutor to have received the award., Erie County Law Enforcement Foundation Service Award, Erie County Law Enforcement Foundation, 2006
- Buffalo Man acquitted after jury trial. A South Buffalo man was found not guilty after a week long jury trial in Erie County Court. Charged with Robbery and Sexual Assault, the man faced up to 15 years in prison if convicted. Police alleged that the man pulled a woman into an alley and attempted to steal her purse before sexually assaulting her. Defense Attorney James Auricchio argued that sloppy police work and inconsistent testimony from the alleged victim made the acquittal appropriate, 2012
- Buffalo Man Acquitted on Gun Charge A Buffalo man was acquitted after a three day trial in New York State Supreme Court. The man had been accused of possessing a handgun when police stopped his car in 2010. If convicted, the man faced up to 15 years in prison. Defense Attorney James Quinn Auricchio argued that DNA recovered from the weapon was not sufficient to convict the man, whose passenger pleaded guilty on the eve of trial, 2011
- Mortgage Brokers
- Restaurant And Bars
- Small Business
Last Updated: 5/15/2022