Jeffrey M. Steenberg
Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Buffalo, New YorkSteenberg Law Firm
The founder of Steenberg Law Firm, attorney Jeffrey M. Steenberg focuses his practice primarily on workers’ compensation law and also assists with personal injury and Social Security Disability matters. Licensed in New York for a decade, he has earned the trust of his clients and a positive reputation for his passion for helping those in need beyond the courtroom.
After being a victim of a catastrophic accident himself, Mr. Steenberg understands firsthand the pain, challenges and suffering of those affected. He is aware that New York workers’ compensation laws have evolved to be more intricate and technical in recent years and fights efficiently against large corporations and employers to obtain his clients their rightful compensation.
Hailing from Angola, New York, Mr. Steenberg completed his Bachelor of Science at the State University of New York, College at Brockport in 2009. He received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University at Buffalo School of Law, New York, in 2011. He served as a law clerk at the New York State Attorney General's Office and at the U.S. Attorney's Office and worked at two other well-known law firms before establishing his firm.
Regardless of how unique or complicated the case is, Mr. Steenberg handles any New York injury claim with ease and helps his clients get back on track as soon as possible. For his compassion, exemplary work ethic and accomplishments, he is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, the organization’s highest available rating.
Mr. Steenberg holds memberships in the American Bar Association, the Injured Workers Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the Erie County Bar Association. He frequently lectures and presents on a range of topics related to his field.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: claimant, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 80% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.steenberglaw.com/attorney/steenberg-jeffery-m/
- Member, NYS Injured Workers Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York
- Erie County Bar Association of New York - 2012 - present, 2021
- Workers' Compensation Committee for Erie County Bar Association of NY 2019 - present, 2021
- Injured Workers' Bar Association 2012 - present, 2021
- 2012 - present NYS Bar Association, 2021
- State University of New York, College at Brockport, B.S., 2007
- Presented for the NYS Bar Association at a quarterly event. Each attorney in attendance received 3.0 CLE Credits for attending., Presenter, Workers' Compensation Legal Ethics, Legal, 2018
- Presented at the NYS Bar Association quarterly meeting for other attorneys to gain ethics CLE credits in the field of Workers' Compensation Law., Presenter, Workers' Compensation Legal Ethics, Legal, 2017
- A constructions worker received $1,200,000.00 settlement after sustaining severe injuries requiring multiple surgeries to his back while working on a ladder and fell 20 feet to the ground when the bottom of the ladder slid out from under., 2020
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated, https://www.martindale.com/attorney/jeffrey-m-steenberg-168725642/, 2021
- Travel Baseball coach for Orchard Park Little League 2020 - present, 2021
- Monetary sponsor for Orchard Park Little League, 2021
- Health Care
- Law Enforcement
- Professional Sports
Office location for Jeffrey M. Steenberg
172 Slade Ave
Buffalo, NY 14224
- Rising Stars: 2022