Top rated criminal defense attorney in Buffalo, New YorkLouis C. Mussari, Attorney at Law
Focusing his practice on criminal defense, personal injury and insurance defense, Louis Mussari is an attorney at his firm Louis C. Mussari, Attorney at Law, located in Buffalo, New York. Licensed to practice in New York since 2012, Mr. Mussari has close to a decade of experience. He strives to help his clients who are wrongly convicted of criminal offenses. He understands each case in depth and communicates his strategies to his clients with clarity. He is rated “Good” on Avvo.
Mr. Mussari graduated magna cum laude in 2008 from the University at Buffalo, with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. In 2011, he completed his doctorate in jurisprudence from the University at Buffalo School of Law.
Joining the legal profession as a law clerk, Mr. Mussari worked with the New York Department of Law – the city of Buffalo, the New York State Supreme Court 8th Judicial District and several private law firms. His experiences as a former prosecutor bring a new perspective onto the table, helping his clients understand the intricacies of the law better. He has successfully represented trials concerning cases such as homicide, rape, theft, Driving Under the Influence (DUI) and strangulation.
A member of the Bar Association of Erie County, Mr. Mussari is actively affiliated with its Criminal Law Committee, the Solo and Small Law Firm Practice Committee and the Diversity and Inclusion Committee. He also has memberships in the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the New York State Defenders Association. He serves as an adjunct professor at the University at Buffalo, teaching criminal law and related topics to law students.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar, Family law, Insurance coverage, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: defense
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI, White collar crime, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Insurance, Insurance defense, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Personal injury - defense
- 40% Criminal defense
- 10% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
- 10% Family law
- 10% Insurance coverage
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Other
First Admitted: 2012, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lcmlawfirm.com/attorney/mussari-louis-c/
- Mr. Mussari passed the NY bar and was admitted to practice following graduation form the University at Buffalo Law School 2011. Mr. Mussari has been a member of the bar in good standing since his addition in February 2012. Mr. Mussari now teaches at the University at Buffalo as an adjunct professor in Criminal Law. Louis Mussari is an active member of New York State Defenders Association, Life time member of Erie County Bar Association and a member of the Criminal Law Committee, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, an Unauthorized practice of Law Committee.
- licensed Real Estate Broker NYS, 2020
- Teaching at State University of Buffalo at New York - Criminal Law, 2021
- member of Erie County Bar Association 2021-present, 2021
- Member of NY State Bar 2012-present, 2021
- In 2008Mr. Mussari Graduated from the University at Buffalo with a BA in Psychology, Magna Cum Laude. As an undergraduate student Mr. Mussari took graduate level PHD classes in Statistics, Counseling, and Psychology. Mr. Mussari then attended UB Law School. Actively engaged in the community, Mr. Mussari co-facilitated a class in Civic Engagement at eth University's Undergraduate Academies on Civic Engagement while attending law school. Mr. Mussari graduated in 2011 with a Juris Doctor., 2011
- New York State Bar Admission, 2012
- In 2017 along with a colleague in the DA's office, Louis Mussari presented a 3 credit CLE to attorneys employed in the Erie County District Attorneys office. The CLE was focused on admissibility of evidence as well as exceptions to the rule against hearsay. The CLE was for credit and had approximately 25 attorneys in attendance., Presenter, Admissibility of Evidence CLE for Assistant District Attorneys, Government, Public Service, 2017
- Professor of Criminal Law at State University of New York at Buffalo, Professor , Adjunct Professor , Education, 2021
- People of New York State in Criminal Prosecutions - 2012-2021, 2021
- Juveniles in family court proceedings 2021, 2021
- People v. Ismael Martinez Link to Buffalo News Article Jury Trial verdict with a domestic violence victim who was unlawfully imprisoned and raped at gun point., 2021
- People v. Nateonna Roland Trial Link to Buffalo News Mr. Mussari was involved in one of the first Homicide cases in Erie County which involved the 2019 newly enacted Domestic Violence Survivors Act. , 2020
- People v. Leron Bailey Link to article from Buffalo News A cold case that took 4 years to gather evidence and witnesses that resulted in justice for an innocent woman who was murdered. The result was a 25 years to life sentence for the shooter. "After the verdict, Toler’s family made it clear an emotional weight had been lifted and expressed gratitude that they finally had some justice, thanked the court, God and prosecutors Eugene T. Partridge III and Louis C. Mussari." Bailey was convicted of murder in the second degree in Toler’s death and of attempted murder in the second degree for shooting Moses McCullen, now 26, who survived. Bailey also was convicted of two counts of criminal possession of a weapon., 2018
Office location for Louis Mussari
42 Delaware Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14202
- Rising Stars: 2022