Richard A. Nicotra
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Buffalo, New YorkAndrews, Bernstein, Maranto & Nicotra PLLC
At Andrews, Bernstein, Maranto & Nicotra PLLC, Richard A. Nicotra is a personal injury lawyer who represents those injured in pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, construction injuries, wrongful death cases, animal bites, slip and falls, motor vehicle accidents and other types of personal injury. His geographic areas include the Buffalo and Niagara, New York, metropolitan areas, as well as the following counties: Chautauqua, Genesee, Cattaraugus, Erie and Niagara.
Mr. Nicotra has an Avvo “Superb” rating and is a Top Attorney Car Accident rated by the company. A member of the American Association for Justice, he is also actively involved with the Western Region Affiliate of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Order of Barristers and the Erie County Bar Association. Within the organization, he is a member of the Negligence Committee.
After earning his Juris Doctor from The University of Toledo College of Law, Mr. Nicotra was admitted to practice in the state of New York in 1996. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Western District of New York and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York.
While a good portion of his practice is dedicated to litigation, Mr. Nicotra understands the importance of good negotiation skills. As he has worked with victims of personal injury cases for most of his career, he has learned how devastating an illness or injury can be to an individual and their family members and advocates strongly for them through each step of the legal process.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1996, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.wnyinjurylawyers.com/buffalo-personal-injury-law...
- Order of Barristers, Member
- Western New York Bankruptcy Court and Federal Court
- New York State Courts
- President, NYSTLA, Western Region Affiliate, 2015
- American Association of Justice, Member, 2018
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019
- Erie County Bar Association, Member Negligence Committee, 2019
- University of Toledo College of Law, cum laude, 1995
- Awarded for the work done during my tenure as the organization's President, President's Award, New York State Trial Lawyers Association - Western Region, 2015
- Verdict finding 100% liability on Defendant motorist involved in intersection accident. Insurance company accepted 0% liability until verdict, 2018
- 100% liability verdict against a municipality for a slip and fall at an indoor pool facility. The municipality had completely denied all liability prior to verdict, 2017
- Lectured to WNYPA regarding New York Automobile Liability Insurance laws, regulations, and new developments, Guest Speaker, Automobile Liability Insurance Presentation at WNYPA (Western New York Paralegal Association), Paralegal Association, 2018
- Clients from all walks of life, including Skilled Laborers, Housewives, Doctors, Lawyers, and any community member injured due to others' negligence, 2018
- Causes and consequences of motorcycle accidents., Motorcycle Accidents, Consumers Interested In Rights After A Motorcycle Accident, 2018
- SUNY Erie Paralegal Advisory Council, 2019
- people injured due to the fault of others
Office location for Richard A. Nicotra
420 Franklin Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023