Bruce A. Schonberg
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Central Valley, NY
Attorney Bruce A. Schonberg is the founder of Schonberg Law Offices of the Hudson Valley, P.C., in Central Valley, New York. Mr. Schonberg practices personal injury law, representing plaintiffs throughout the Hudson Valley region of New York state. He handles matters involving animal bites, brain injuries, construction accidents, dramshop laws, premises liability, slip and falls and wrongful death.
Mr. Schonberg received his license to practice law in 1985 and has more than 30 years of experience in both state and federal court. He is admitted to practice in all New York state courts and before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of New York.
Before founding his personal injury practice, Mr. Schonberg served as a senior district attorney for Orange County, New York, prosecuting misdemeanors and felonies. He also practiced insurance defense and served as a litigation specialist and trial attorney at a private New York firm.
Actively involved in his local legal community, Mr. Schonberg is a member of various professional legal associations. He belongs to the Orange County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the New York State Defenders Association.
Mr. Schonberg’s formal education consists of a bachelor’s degree in political science from the State University of New York at Oneonta. He received his law degree from the State University of New York University at Buffalo School of Law. While attending law school, he participated in moot court and was a member of high honors organizations.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
About Bruce A. Schonberg
First Admitted: 1985, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.schonberglaw.com/attorneys-n-staff
- Adjunct Professor, Paralegal Studies Institute of America in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Property
Other Outstanding Achievements
- New York State Bar Association, Orange County Chapter, Mock Trial Competition Judge
Pro bono/Community Service
- Town Justice-Town of Woodbury, Orange County, New York, Elected 2016-Present.
- Town of Woodbury Zoning Board of Appeals Member 1995-2004
- Monroe Woodbury Soccer League Coach, 1996-2006
- Temple Beth El, Monroe, New York, Board of Trustee
- High Honors Organizations-Moot Court, University of Buffalo School of Law and Jurisprudence
- Who's Who Lifetime Achievement in Law, Marquis Who's Who, 2018
- Lawyers of Distinction Personal Injury, Lawyers of Distinction, 2018
- State University of New York at Oneonta, B.A. in Political Science with High Honors, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2000
- Member, New York State Bar Association, 2018
- American Bar Association, 2018
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, 2018
- New York, 1985
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, New York State Defenders Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022