Barbara A. Castrataro
Top rated Family Law attorney in Chappaqua, New YorkLaw Office of Barbara A. Castrataro
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1990
Education: New York Law School
Law Office of Barbara A. CastrataroPO Box 132
Chappaqua, NY 10514 Visit website
Barbara A. Castrataro established her eponymous law firm to provide individualized attention and practical legal solutions to families in Chappaqua, New York. For more than three decades, she has dedicated her practice exclusively to family law, serving clients in Westchester, New York City and the surrounding areas.
Ms. Castrataro believes firmly that hard work and readiness are essential tenets of her prosperous practice. She has experience assisting with a wide range of matters, including high-asset divorces, business valuations, property division, international relocation and custody matters, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, adoptions, orders of protection, post-decree modifications and more.
Majoring in music, Ms. Castrataro completed her Bachelor of Arts at the LIU Post University in Old Brookville, New York, in 1984. She obtained a doctorate in law from New York Law School, where she was a recipient of the Moot Court Award. In 1990, she was admitted to practice in the state courts of New York as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Unafraid of trials, Ms. Castrataro seeks out creative resolutions to intricate cases outside the courtroom while staying ready to continue with a trial if a settlement agreement is impossible. She has handled several collaborative divorces and mediations.
Early in her career, Ms. Castrataro worked as a music director for well-known broadcasting networks. Subsequently, she worked as an associate lawyer in two different law firms and then eventually partnered with a law firm before founding The Law Office of Barbara A. Castrataro. Her wealth of experience paired with her broad range of interests helps her always promote proficiency and informed responses.
Rated 10 out of 10 on Avvo, Ms. Castrataro is a recipient of the Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Award. She has also been listed among the Top Attorneys in the New York Metro Area by Westchester Magazine and recognized by the Best Lawyers in America.
Ms. Castrataro is a proud member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Westchester County Bar Association, the American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators, the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, the Westchester Women's Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association. She is a part of the Tibetan Aid Project and also regularly volunteers in several food and community charity programs for the needy, sick and elderly.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1990, New York
Professional Webpage: https://barbaracastrataroesq.com/barbara-a-castrataro/
- Family Law, Berkeley College, 1995 to 1997
- Ethics, Berkeley College, 1995 to 1997
- (TAP) Tibetan Aid Project, Jhamste, TCV, Tibetan Children's Village, 2000 to present
- Pro Bono Legal Work, 1990 - Present
- Sponsorship and participation in various Food and community programs for the needy, sick and elderly; to the needs of mothers in need, assistance with representation in abuse cases; Sponsorship of many Tibetan causes for the protection of and preservation of human rights and the preservation of of their culture; Sponsorships for Tibetan refugee children to attend college and beyond; pro bono services for clients in need, 2020
- Judge v Judge , 48 AD 3d 424, 2008, Appellate
- Lande v. Lande, App Div. Second Department
- Avedon v. Avedon, App Div First Department
- Top Attorney N.Y. Metro Area 2019-Present
- Best Attorneys in America, 2014
- Martindale Hubbell Client Distinction Award 2015-2016 , 2015
- Super Lawyers, 2009, 2020
- Martindale Hubbell Client Distinction Award, 2020
- Top Women Attorney in NY Metro Area, 2019
- Top Lawyers in NY Metro Area
- Martindale Hubbell Client Champion Award 2016-2020
- Moot Court Award; 3 Emmy nominations for Music Direction
- Our clients range from professional individuals with divorce cases involving complex litigation, high assets and financial analysis, including trials to contested custody matters in divorce and outside marriage with forensic components and other complex issues including substance use and mental health issues. We service clients prior to and following the marriage with Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements, and the defense and challenge thereof. We regularly provide services relating to Family offense proceedings and enforcement
- Client Champion Award, Martindale Hubbell, Top Women Lawyers in the Metro Area, Top Lawyers in the Metro Area, SuperLawyer Moot court award, 3 prior Emmy nominations for Music Direction and Supervision, Client Champion award, Martindale Hubbell
- Recipient, Client Distinction Award, Martindale Hubbell
- CW Post LIU School of Music, B.A., Music, 1984
- New York, 1990
- Westchester Women's Bar Association, Member, 2015 - Present
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1990
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, 1990 to Present
- Westchester Bar Association, 2018
- AFCC- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2020
- AACFL -American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators , 2016
Office location for Barbara A. Castrataro
PO Box 132
Chappaqua, NY 10514
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2010, 2018 - 2023