Robert E. Hornberger
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Commack, NY
Attorney Robert E. Hornberger founded his New York law firm, Robert E. Hornberger, P.C., in 2010. From his law office in Melville, he focuses his efforts on providing high-quality representation to clients from nearby Huntington and those living throughout Long Island's Nassau and Suffolk counties and New York City's five boroughs who face delicate family law challenges, including:
- Property division
- Child custody
- Child support
In addition to representing clients in family law litigation, Mr. Hornberger also offers representation in uncontested divorces, along with mediation and collaborative divorce. In fact, he is the director of the nonprofit Collaborative Law Association of New York, Inc., which works to promote dispute resolution via collaborative law.
Mr. Hornberger began his legal career in 2006 after earning his law degree from Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University and his approval to practice law in New York state. Prior to founding his own law firm, he worked as an associate attorney at a well-known Long Island firm, where he gained valuable experience in mediation that continues to benefit his firm's clients today.
Thanks to Mr. Hornberger's dedication to alternative dispute resolutions, he has an excellent reputation as a skilled negotiator, as evidenced by his "Very Good" rating from Avvo. In addition, he is a regular guest speaker on family law topics and the author of a 2015 e-book titled "Guide to New York Divorce: What You Need to Know Before Hiring a Divorce Lawyer in New York."
Mr. Hornberger is also an active member of the legal community. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Nassau County Bar Association and the Suffolk County Bar Association.
- 80%Family Law
- 20%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Mediation
- Rising Stars: 2016
Robert E. Hornberger, P.C. does more than just represent you. He does mediation and collaborative divorce to give you more options. Call 631-923-2920 or visit our website at https://divorce-longisland.com/ for more information.
About Robert E. Hornberger
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: http://divorce-longisland.com/attorneys/robert-e-hornberger-...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Director, Collaborative Law Association of New York, Inc.
- Member and Contributor, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, Suffolk County Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- State of New York
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Bachelor's Degree, Philosophy, Politics and Law, and History, 2002
- Is There a Waiting Period Before Getting a Divorce in NY? Find out if there is a waiting period and how long it t… https://t.co/E8qLJ5btRR
- Top 4 Issues That Will Complicate Your Divorce Learn the top four issues that can complicate your Long Island divor… https://t.co/SSzbxt4Ka9
- Is An Inheritance Marital Property? Learn whether an inheritance counts as marital property in New York. Get help… https://t.co/624VbbnqUs
- What Is a Child Support Debit Card on Long Island? Learn how to use a New York child support debit card. Get help… https://t.co/CTLkpRjVFm
- How to Get Out of a Dangerous Marriage on Long Island Learn how to get out of a volatile marriage safely. Get hel… https://t.co/xV3agJJmkE
Last Updated: 5/15/2022