M. Allan Hyman
Top rated eminent domain attorney in East Meadow, New YorkCertilman Balin Adler & Hyman, LLP
Attorney M. Allan Hyman is a senior partner at Certilman Balin Adler & Hyman, LLP, in East Meadow, New York. Mr. Hyman handles eminent domain, land use, zoning and other general litigation matters in East Meadow and throughout the New York, New York area.
Mr. Hyman earned a bachelor's degree from Syracuse University before obtaining his law degree from St. John's University School of Law. He is licensed to practice in all New York state courts and federal courts including the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Recognized for his accomplishments in the legal profession, Mr. Hyman has attained the rating of AV Preeminent*, the highest possible, by the attorney peer review group Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Hyman participates in several professional organizations in various capacities. He teaches eminent domain law , legal methods, and Real Estate Transactions at Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law as an adjunct professor. He has also authored articles on a variety of legal topics and given presentations at locations, including the Nassau County Bar Association Academy of Law, the Institute for Professionals in Taxation and the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Active in his local legal and professional communities, Mr. Hyman has served on the boards of various organizations such as the Education & Assistance Corporation and Northwell Health. He also participates on the Governor Cuomo's Judicial Screening Committee for the Second Department and is a member of the Nassau County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEminent domain, General litigation, Land use/zoning
- 80% Eminent domain
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Land use/zoning
First Admitted: 1965, New York
Professional Webpage: https://certilmanbalin.com/attorney/m-allan-hyman/
- Qualified to act as a Receiver pursuant to Rule 36 of the Court Rules regulating the appointment of Receivers in New York State.
- Mock Trial attorney coach at Tresper Clarke High School, East Meadow , New York.
- Member of the Board of Overseers, Northwell Health
- Counsel to and formerly Chairman of the Board, Education and Assistance Corporation
- Named “Who’s Who in Tax Law” by Long Island Business News
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- New York Real Estate Journal, 2016 Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers List
- New York Metro Super Lawyers list in 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Honoree at Nassau County Bar We Care Outing, Nassau County Bar Association, 2012
- “Talking with Allan Hyman” as seen in Long Island Business News
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern Districts of New York
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- New York
- Circuit Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Nassau County Bar Association, Tax Certiorari and Condemnation law, Supreme Court, and Commercial Litigation committees
- Syracuse University, B.A., 1962
- Adjunct Professor, Hofstra University School of Law, “The Law of Eminent Domain and Tax Review” and “Pre-trial Skills”
- Adjunct Professor, Hofstra University School of Law, “Real Estate Transactions”
- Lecturer, Nassau County Bar Association Academy of Law
- Lecturer, Institute of Property Taxation
- Lecturer, Columbia Society of Real Estate Appraisers
- Lecturer, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- RXR Realty, Uniondale, New York
Office location for M. Allan Hyman
90 Merrick Avenue
East Meadow, NY 11554
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022