Charles L. Falgiatano
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in East Syracuse, New YorkDeFrancisco & Falgiatano Law Firm
As a partner in DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Law Firm, located in Syracuse, New York, Charles L. Falgiatano devotes 100 percent of his practice to litigation, representing plaintiffs in personal injury and medical malpractice suits, including birth injuries, nursing home negligence, and motor vehicle and trucking accidents. In addition to Syracuse, he assists clients from Oneida, Oswego, New Hartford, Watertown and Cortland.
While completing his undergraduate studies in political science at Nazareth College in Rochester, New York, from where he graduated in 1994, Mr. Falgiatano was a member of the school's basketball team as well as the Pi Gamma Mu Honor Society. He earned his Juris Doctor in 2001 from Syracuse University College of Law, graduating magna cum laude. While in law school, he was a member of the Syracuse College of Law Moot Court Honor Society and the Syracuse Law Review.
In the interim between earning his undergraduate degree and entering law school, Mr. Falgiatano was a legislative aide to a state senator, concentrating primarily on constituent service, projects related to economic development and state budget matters. Admitted to practice in New York, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
A member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Mr. Falgiatano has been a member of that organization's board of directors since 2008. He is also a member of the Onondaga County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. Giving back to his community, Mr. Falgiatano volunteers with the Jamesville-Dewitt Central School District as a junior varsity basketball coach and serves on the board of advisors of the Elmcrest Children's Center.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2002, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.defranciscolaw.com/charles-l-falgiatano-esq.html
- $950,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice
- $850,000 Settlement - Car/Auto Accident, January 1, 2007
- $1,000,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice, January 1, 2008
- Member, Elmcrest Children's Center Board
- Junior Varsity Boys Basketball Coach Bishop Grimes High School
- Vice President, Bishop Grimes High School Board of Trustees
- Nazareth College of Rochester, Rochester, New York, B.A. in Political Science, Concentration in Pre-Law, 1991
- magna cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law, 2001
- Member, Pi Gamma Mu Honor Society
- Syracuse College of Law Moot Court Honor Society
- Top New York Verdicts, Top New York Verdicts, 2010 - 2011
- Member, Syracuse Law Review, 2000 - 2001
- New York, 2002
- Board Member, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2008 - Present
- Member, Onondaga County Bar Association, 2007 - Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2005
- Member, American Association for Justice, 2006 - Present
Office location for Charles L. Falgiatano
6739 Myers Road
East Syracuse, NY 13057
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022