Jeff D. DeFrancisco
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in East Syracuse, New YorkDeFrancisco & Falgiatano Law Firm
Described by his clients as an attorney of the “highest quality” who goes “above and beyond”, Jeff DeFrancisco, Esq. has made a career achieving top results for his clients. As a lifelong resident of Upstate, New York, Jeff DeFrancisco has earned a reputation of being a top attorney in his field of medical malpractice and personal injury. Jeff DeFrancisco handles cases all throughout New York State with the exception of down state.
Attorney DeFrancisco has achieved some of the top results known in Upstate, New York. A few examples of his many achievements include:
PARALYSIS: $10,000,000 jury verdict following a 3-week trial against 3 defense lawyers for a case where an individual became paralyzed due to medical malpractice.
BRAIN INJURY: $17,500,000 in payments: $3,000,000 cash; $12,000,000 expected payout between a lump sum payment and lifetime monthly payments to an individual who sustained a brain injury; and $2,500,000 in guaranteed lifetime payments to the child of the injured.
PARALYSIS: $11,200,000 unanimous arbitration award involving a patient that is paralyzed.
BIRTH INJURY: $5,600,000 which includes 2 lump sum cash payouts; $3,600,000 in tax free cash payments to the injured child for life; and the injured child was received into the Medical Indemnity Fund (MIF) which will cover all of the medical needs of the child for life.
FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE / INJECTION INJURY: $2,250,000 for a case that was turned down by another law firm. Jeff actually found 2 viable medical malpractice cases. One case settled for $250,000 and the other case settled for $2,000,000.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE: $1,690,000 jury verdict for a medical malpractice case. The insurance company refused to offer any compensation. This matter was appealed to the highest appeal court in New York and the verdict was upheld.
WRONGFUL DEATH: $1,600,000 jury verdict on a wrongful death case that was turned down by two medical malpractice law firms. Jeff took the case to trial and got a fair result for the family.
CANCER MALPRACTICE: $1,400,000 settlement for failing to timely diagnose and appropriately treat cancer.
CANCER MALPRACTICE: $1,300,000 for failing to timely diagnose prostate cancer.
AUTO / TRUCKING ACCIDENT: $1,000,000 settlement.
In addition to the above, Attorney DeFrancisco has successfully resolved many other million and multi-million dollar cases. More results can be seen on the verdicts and settlements page.
Jeff DeFrancisco, Esq. is also a member a member of SuperLawyers, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Best Lawyers/Best Law Firms, and Best Attorneys of America, among other memberships.
Attorney DeFrancisco has extensive experience handling all different types of personal injury matters including medical malpractice, birth injuries, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, cancer cases, wrongful death, and general personal injury cases such as automobile and truck accidents. Because his practice is devoted to representing the injured and their families, he is extremely knowledgeable of the medicine and human anatomy.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2000, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.defranciscolaw.com/Attorneys/Jeff-D-Defrancisco.s...
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2000
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York, 2000
- New York State Trial Lawyers
- St. John Fisher College in Rochester, Rochester, New York, B.S. in Business Finance & Economics
- Top New York Verdicts, 2009
- Top New York Verdicts, 2010
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 1% Trial Counsel
- Best Attorneys of America
- Avvo 10/10 rating., Avvo 10/10 rating
- Super Lawyers
- Brain Injury: $17,500,000 in payments: $3,000,000 cash; $12,000,000 expected payout between a lump sum payment and lifetime monthly payments to an individual who sustained a brain injury; and $2,500,000 in guaranteed lifetime payments to the child of the injured., 2022
- $1,400,000 settlement involving cancer treatment., 2022
- $5,600,000 settlement in a birth injury case, 2021
- Paralysis: $11,200,000 unanimous arbitration award involving a patient that is paralyzed., 2019
- Obtained a $1,690,000 verdict in a nursing malpractice case in Onondaga County. Case involved a negligent injection of a woman following the delivery of her child. Due to the negligent injection the individual suffered permanent nerve damage. This was also published in the Syracuse Newspaper and a link to the story is here: www.defranciscolaw.com/press., 2010
- This was a confidential settlement so I cannot identify the parties to the action. This case was first declined by another local malpractice firm. Upon my investigation I found that there was not only 1 but 2 malpractice cases. The first case involved a negligent injection that resulted in a $250,000 settlement. The second case involved a failure to timely diagnose and treat a mass that caused significant injury. The second case settled for $2,000,000. , 2008
- Holstein v. Community General Hospital Holstein - $1.6M verdict went to highest court and I won, Supreme 2011
- A local malpractice firm turned down this case after having it reviewed by a medical expert. I met with that expert and disagree with their analysis. The case involved the failure to timely diagnose and treat meningitis. The individual presented first to their primary care practice over a matter of several days and an antibiotic prescription was given. Unfortunately the antibiotic was not effective for this individuals illness. The case ultimately went to trial and the jury awarded $2,400,000, however, it was reduced to $1,600,000 with the belief that the decedent should have gone back to the hospital sooner given their symptoms. Nonetheless, the net recovery was $1,600,000 in a case declined by another law firm., 2007
- I had a $10,000,000 verdict in 2009 for a case involving a back surgery ... specifics to the case are at the following: http://www.defranciscolaw.com/press, 2009
- This case settled pursuant to a confidential settlement so I cannot identify the names of the parties. This case was turned down by another law firm. It was a failure to timely diagnose and treat meningitis. As a result of the failure to timely diagnose and treat my client suffered a serious and permanent injury that included hearing loss. The case settled for $1,300,000., 2008
- See my website for an extensive list of verdicts and settlements. www.defranciscolaw.com
Office location for Jeff D. DeFrancisco
6739 Myers Road
East Syracuse, NY 13057
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023