Top rated family law attorney in Forest Hills, New YorkThe Law Offices of Joseph H. Nivin P.C.
Joseph H. Nivin has been named a top-rated family law attorney in New York every year since 2015. The Law Offices of Joseph H. Nivin, P.C. is a general practice law firm with a focus on family law. He and his team have years of experience with ACS, Family Court, and Supreme Court. Mr. Nivin represents families in court, litigation, hearings and appeals. He has argued successfully before the Appellate Division for the Second Judicial Department. At the Law Offices of Joseph H. Nivin, you will receive expert legal advice and compassion that will reduce time, legal expenses and the emotional toll of a family law case. Mr. Nivin will work hard to protect your rights and those of your children.
- Rising Star in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Super Lawyers, an award that is given only to 2.5% of attorneys annually in New York State.
- 10 Best in Client Satisfaction in 2015 by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
- Top 40 Under 40 in 2016 by The National Advocates
- Rated as “Superb” by Avvo.
- In 2015, Mr. Nivin wrote two chapters in Onward and Upward: Guide for Getting Through New York Divorce & Family Law Issues.
- Admitted to practice in New York and Connecticut and before the U. S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- J. D., Brooklyn Law School. President-Unemployment Action Center
- B. A., University of Pennsylvania
- Member Queens County Bar Assoc., serving on Juvenile Justice Committee and Family Law Committee
- Former Member Assigned Counsel / Attorneys for Children
- Member, Board of Directors for Brandeis Association of Queens County
- Member, New York State Bar Association, serving on the Committee on Families and the Law
Practice areasFamily law, Appellate
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Appeals
- 90% Family law
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 2008, New York
Professional Webpage: http://nivinlaw.com/attorney/
- Former Member, Assigned Counsel/Attorneys for Children
- Member of the Board of Directors, Brandeis Association of Queens County
- New York
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Queens County Bar Association, Juvenile Justice Committee
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Young Lawyers Committee
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. in International Relations and Hispanic Studies, 2004
- When Domestic Violence Constitutes Child Neglect- Judicial Analysis of Impairment Within the Meaning of Family Court Act 1012(f), Electronically-In-Touch, 2011
- The Jurisprudence of Parental Alienation, Electronically-In-Touch, 2012
- Speaker, Queens County Bar Association, 2014
- Author, Onward and Upward: Guide for Getting Through New York Divorce & Family Law Issues, 2015
- One of the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- Rising Star, 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Super Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Advocates, 2016
- Brooklyn Law School, President-Unemployment Action Center
- “Superb” by Avvo
Office location for Joseph Nivin
118-35 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills, NY 11375
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2022
Find me online
- Learn More About Potential Issues in Divorce Office of Attorney Joseph Nivin https://t.co/PJaYXc6l24 (347) 642-03… https://t.co/rNAu5jHmld
- Office of Attorney Joseph Nivin https://t.co/PJaYXc6l24 (347) 642-0376 #childsupportny #attnyjosephnivin… https://t.co/gJxA7vAsl7
- Happy President's Day! Office of Attorney Joseph Nivin https://t.co/PJaYXc6l24 (347) 642-0376 #childsupportny… https://t.co/ASQyUYHz3r