Top rated family law attorney in Garden City, New YorkThe Law Firm of A.J. Temsamani, P.C.
A.J. Temsamani has over twenty-five years of experience as a divorce and family law attorney, which includes handling matters pertaining to custody, child support, spousal support, divorce mediation, high net worth, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, as well as modification and enforcement proceedings. He is currently the principal of The Law Firm of A.J. Temsamani, P.C., which serves clients throughout New York City and Long Island from its office in Garden City.
A testament to the regard in which he is held by his colleagues, Mr. Temsamani is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell* which is the highest rating available. He has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Family Law. He has been recognized as one of the 10 best family law attorneys in New York by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys. Mr. Temsamani was also inducted into the Ten Leaders of Divorce Law of Long Island, for those 45 and younger, by the Ten Leaders Cooperative. Additionally, Long Island Pulse magazine selected him as a top rated divorce lawyer on Long Island.
Mr. Temsamani has been approved as a Special Master in contested divorce cases in the Supreme Court, Nassau County. His professional affiliations include memberships in the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the Nassau County Bar Association. He has been a member of the selection committee of the Child and Family Advocacy Fellowship Program at the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University. Mr. Temsamani is also a Master member of the New York Family Law American Inn of Court and has presented several lectures for that organization, as well as for the Nassau County Bar Association Academy of Law.
Mr. Temsamani earned his Bachelor of Arts in psychology from Queens College of the City University of New York in 1988. In 1991, he graduated from the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University with a Juris Doctor degree. *AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1993
Professional Webpage: http://ajtdivorcelaw.com/attorney-profile/
- Long Island Pulse Magazine has selected A.J. as one of Long Island's top rated divorce attorneys, Long Island Pulse Magazine Legal Eagle
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Family Law, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- A.J. has been named one of the Top Ten Leaders in divorce law in the New York, Long Island region, age 45 and under, The Ten Leaders Cooperative
- Selected as one of the ten best divorce and family law attorneys in the state of New York (2014 - 2018), Top Ten, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Pro bono attorney for the Volunteer Lawyers Project.
- Hofstra Law School Child and Family Advocacy Fellowship - Selection Committee
- Member of the Matrimonial Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association
- Master member of the New York Family Law American Inns of Court
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Matrimonial Special Master, Nassau County Supreme Court
- Lecturer, Preparing Your Divorce Case For Trial, NASSAU ACADEMY OF LAW
- A timely presentation of the many thorny child support issues to deal with when parents share custody of their child(ren) and how best to deal with them., Program Presenter/Lecturer, Navigating Child Support Issues in Shared Custody (Equal Time) Cases, 2020
- Lecturer, Child Custody, Visitation and Relocation, NASSAU ACADEMY OF LAW
- Program Presenter and Lecturer, Tactical Issues in Cases with Domestic Violence, New York Family Law American Inn Of Court
- Lecturer, Interviewing Witnesses and Developing The Theory Of The Case, Hofstra Law School
- Program Presenter/Lecturer, Samurai Attorney Practicing Under a Code of Honor, New York Family Law American Inn Of Court
- Program Presenter/Lecturer, Tell Us Something You Don't Know, New York Family Law American Inn Of Court
- Program Presenter/Lecturer, Ethical Issues Arising Before and During the Attorney Client Relationship, New York Family Law American Inn Of Court
- Bachelor of Arts, Queens College of the City University of New York, 1988
Office location for A.J. Temsamani
666 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022