Debra L. Wabnik
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Garden City, NY
Debra Wabnik is a partner at Stagg Wabnik Law Group LLP. Her practice areas include general litigation, labor and employment, non-profit, Uniform Commercial Code, banking and credit card litigation. She represents clients in federal and state courts in New York and New Jersey, and federal courts in Connecticut. Debra has handled numerous appellate matters. She also represents clients in administrative forums such as the EEOC, the Division of Human Rights, and the New York State Education Department. In addition to litigation and arbitration, Debra counsels clients on day-to-day employment and other issues, and she serves as a mediator in a wide variety of matters. Debra is a member of the New York and New Jersey bars. She is AV-rated. In addition to Garden City, the firm also has offices in Manhattan, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
About Debra L. Wabnik
First Admitted: 1993, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.staggwabnik.com
- Bar Admissions New York, 1994; New Jersey, 1993; U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1994; U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1994; U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2006; U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 2003; U.S. District Court of Connecticut, 2003; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2005; U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2010; United States Supreme Court, 2009
Pro bono/Community Service
- Debra regularly provides pro bono services to individuals and nonprofit organizations. Debra sits on the Board of Directors for BiasHELP, Inc. and the Long Island Network of Community Services, Inc., two not-for-profit agencies. BiasHELP provides programs and services dedicated to the prevention of bias crimes, hate-related harassment, bullying, cyber-bullying and discrimination. The Long Island Network of Community Services assists not-for-profit agencies such as BiasHELP with infrastructure, fundraising and programming. She is also active in fundraising for breast cancer research.
- Member - Nassau County Bar Association, New York City Bar Association, American Bar Association
- BS, Binghamton University, 1990
- Who's Who in Women in Professional Services, Long Island Business News, 2012
Last Updated: 5/15/2022