Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Garden City, NY
Jaclyn Ponish is a skilled personal injury attorney at the Law Offices of Spar Bernstein, P.C., serving the New York City metropolitan area. For nearly five years, she has been fighting tenaciously for the rights of clients who are victims of defective products, medical malpractice, medical negligence, and so on.
A graduate of Brown University, Ms. Ponish majored in visual arts and obtained her Bachelor of Arts in 2013. She then enrolled at the Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles, California, to pursue her legal education and earned her Juris Doctor in 2017. While in law school, she was a part of the university’s Intellectual Property Law Society, Entertainment Law Society and Women's Law Association, and a recipient of the Wildman/Schumacher Scholarship.
First admitted to practice law in New York in 2018, Ms. Ponish is also licensed to appear in New Jersey, Texas, the appellate courts of the District of Columbia, the federal courts of Colorado and New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
As compassionate as she is aggressive, Ms. Ponish understands that the aftermath of an injury touches every aspect of the injured person and their family and strives to obtain financial compensation on their behalf. Over her career, she has helped hundreds of victims obtain the compensation they are entitled to. One of her recent results includes a $1.6 million recovery for a client paralyzed in a medical malpractice case.
Passionate about giving back to her community, Ms. Ponish volunteered her services through Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, an organization dedicated to providing New York artists with legal aid and education. She is a member of the New York City Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Pharmaceutical
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
About Jaclyn Ponish
First Admitted: 2018, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaclynponish/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, May 2018
- New York City Bar Association, May 2018 - Present
- New York State Bar Association, May 2018 - Present
- Wildman/Schumacher Scholarship, Associated with Southwestern Law School, 2014
- Each year, no more than 5% of lawyers are honored as Super Lawyers and 2.5% are named as Rising Stars in each state. Annual selection is made through a statewide survey of lawyers, independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews within each practice area. The Super Lawyers lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazine, as well as leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country, Super Lawyers - 2020 New York Metro Rising Stars List, Super Lawyers, 2020 - 2021
- Incarnate Word Academy, Jeanne de Matel Laureate High School Diploma, Honors: Student Council, Spirit Club, Missions, National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, Tri-M, TAPPS, 2005 - 2009, 2009
- Brown University, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Visual Arts, Honors: Brown's Organization of Multiracial and Biracial Students (BOMBS), Clerestory Journal of the Arts, Ivy Film Festival, 2009 - 2013, 2013
- Plaintiff Alexandra Waterbury sues NYC Ballet regarding dissemination of sexually explicit photographs of her taken without her knowledge, Dancer Sues NYC Ballet, 2018
- Admitted to the New Jersey State Bar, 2018
- Admitted to the United States District Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, 2018
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2018
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2018
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 2019
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2020
- Admitted to the Texas State Bar, 2021
- $1,600,000 - Medical Malpractice - New Jersey Federal Court - Chiropractor Failed to Diagnose Spinal Infection Leading to Paraplegia, 2020
- Multiple Olympian/Elite Gymnastics Survivors of Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse. Represented sexual assault survivors against such defendants as Lawrence Nassar, Michigan State University (MSU), United States of America Gymnastics (USAG), and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC), 2022
- Sarah Powers-Barnhard - Elite Volleyball Player, 2022
Last Updated: 6/13/2022