Robert S. Grossman
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Garden City, NY
Robert S. Grossman, a member of the law firm of Winter & Grossman, PLLC, has been licensed for over 24 years and represents clients in Garden City, New York, and throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties. Mr. Grossman's practice is primarily focused on family law, representing clients in all associated legal issues, including divorce, child custody, child and spousal support, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, complex property division and others. He also represents clients in mediation as a consulting and review attorney and serves as a mediator as well.
Admitted to practice in New York and the District of Columbia, Mr. Grossman is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in economics in 1992 from New York University before graduating from the University of Miami School of Law with his Juris Doctor in 1995.
A fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Mr. Grossman is highly respected by his fellow professionals, as evidenced by his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating from Avvo.
Mr. Grossman is actively involved in several professional organizations. He serves on the Matrimonial Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, and he is also an active member of the Family Law Section of the New York State Bar Association. Mr. Grossman has also had articles published in the Family Law Review of the New York State Bar Association on a variety of topics including child support and prenuptial agreements.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Robert S. Grossman
First Admitted: 1996, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.wintergrossman.com/profiles/2/robert_s_grossman_e...
- Co-Vice Chair - Grievance Committee, Nassau County Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals in the Second Circuit
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- Matrimonial Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Family Law Section of the New York State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York University, B.A.
- Author, Fee Dispute Arbitration entitled “Unpaid Fees and Fee Dispute Arbitration” (Nassau Lawyer, Vol. 61, No. 9, May 2012)
- "The Child Support Lottery" (Family Law Review, New York State Bar Association, Vol. 43, No. 1)
- "The Trivialization of Fault as a Factor Effecting Equitable Distribution" (Family Law Review, New York State Bar Association, Vol. 40, No. 3), 2008
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Comments Editor for the University of Miami Entertainment & Sports Law Review, University of Miami School of Law
- Member, Moot Court Board, University of Miami School of Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022