Top rated personal injury attorney in Garden City, New YorkMiller, Montiel & Strano, P.C.
As a senior partner at Miller, Montiel & Strano, P.C., Steven Miller provides dedicated legal representation to clients in Nassau and Suffolk counties as well as throughout the City of New York. He focuses his practice on personal injury law, generally handling cases that involve motor vehicle, construction site and premises liability accidents, as well as medical malpractice issues.
In 1975, Mr. Miller earned a Bachelor of Arts in economics from Queens College, The City University of New York. He then went on to graduate cum laude with a Juris Doctor from St. John's University School of Law.
With more than 35 years of experience, Mr. Miller understands the challenges that people can face when they suffer catastrophic injuries due to the negligence of others. For that reason, he has dedicated his career to redressing such wrongs and helping his clients obtain the compensation they are legally entitled to.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Miller has helped attain maximum results for his clients, including a number of multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts. Mr. Miller's commitment to high legal standards and ethics has garnered him the respect of his clients and peers alike. He has received the highest possible rating, AV Preeminent,* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Staying active in the legal community is a priority for Mr. Miller. His memberships include the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, the New York State Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the American Board of Trial Advocates. Mr. Miller also regularly volunteers his legal services, providing pro bono representation to organizations and individuals. He helped to establish a memorial fund for the families of the New York City Fire Department firefighters from Engine 54, Ladder 4, who died in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1979, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.mmspersonalinjurylawyers.com/attorney/steven-mil...
- $4,500,000.00 settlement for family of 70 year old victim of medical malpractice resulting in her death
- $1,975,000.00 settlement during trial for victim of medical malpractice resulting in stroke
- $6,000,000.00 settlement for victim of motor vehicle incident who sustained below knee amputation of left leg
- $2,250,00.00 jury verdict for victim of deck collapse causing her back injury necessitating surgery
- $18,200,000.00 jury verdict in Kings County in medical malpractice case based on failure to diagnose portal vein thrombus resulting in mesenteric ischemia causing loss of a portion of small bowel., 2017
- $2,867,808.00 jury verdict for victim of defective construction equipment resulting in fractures of right ankle
- $1,500,000.00 settlement following jury verdict on liability for victim of motor vehicle incident resulting in fractured jaw and nerve injury to left shoulder and arm
- Queens College of the City University of New York; BA, Economics; Member, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Honor Society in Economics, 1975
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2013
- Granted membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum based on numerous million and multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements, 2015
- Lecturer, St. Johns University School of Law, Continuing Legal Education programs in the preparation and trial of personal injury cases., Lecturer, St. John's University School of Law, 2018
- Lecturer in Continuing Legal Education program in the trial of personal injury cases., Lecturer, Nassau County Bar Association, 2017
- Lectured for the Queens County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education programs in trial practice., Lecturer, Queens County Bar Association, 2019
- Top Lawyers of Long Island awarded by Herald Community Newspapers and nominated by members of the community., 2019
- Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers - The National Trial Lawyers, 2017
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- Co-Chair: Judicial Relations Committee, Queens County Bar Association, 2018
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, member, 1980
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association of Justice, member, 1982
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Queens County Bar Association, Member
- Elected Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Designated Top 100 Civil Plaintiff's Lawyers, Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2019
- 2019 Award Winner honored as a "Top Lawyer of Long Island" based upon professional excellence together with charitable activities and community involvement., Top Lawyers of Long Island, Richner Communications Inc., 2019
- The Top Attorneys of North America, The Who’s Who Directories, 2018
- Awarded the rating of AV Preeminent, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards., AV Preeminent, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Recognized for excellence in practice by "Super Lawyers" an Honor bestowed upon only 5% of attorneys in the New York Metropolitan Area, Super Lawyer, Thomson West, 2018
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Book Fairies, a charitable organization that collects and distributes books to schools in under served communities., 2019
- Attorney for Engine 54 Ladder 4 Battalion 9, FDNY establishing Memorial Fund to collect and disburse funds to the families of firefighters lost in the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center. Member, Trial Lawyers Care, representing the families of those lost in the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center.
- People injured as the result of the fault of someone else.
Office location for Steven Miller
600 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022