Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Glen Cove, NY
Attorney David Mejias is a managing partner with the Mejias Milgrim & Alvarado, P.C., law firm, which has offices in Glen Cove and Hempstead, New York. Serving individuals and families throughout Nassau County and all of Long Island and the rest of the state, Mr. Mejias focuses his practice primarily on family law and divorce as well as serious personal injury and wrongful death claims.
A fierce advocate for those in need, Mr. Mejias has earned a reputation for his integrity, tenacity and tireless work ethic. He understands that an attorney is supposed to serve his or her clients and act as a trustworthy guide and counselor during their most difficult and trying times.
Using this philosophy as the driving force behind his practice, Mr. Mejias has earned high marks from both his clients and peers alike, and, in 2015, Long Island Pulse magazine voted him as the Best Divorce Lawyer on Long Island. Additionally, Long Island Business News named him to its list of 40 Rising Stars Under 40, and Long Island Press has named him among the 50 Most Powerful and Influential Long Islanders for the past four years.
Mr. Mejias' influence does not stop with his legal practice. Since being elected to the Nassau County Legislature in 2003, Mr. Mejias has helped shaped legislation that affects thousands of local residents, and he has been instrumental in introducing and implementing new legislation aimed at restricting and monitoring sex offenders.
A 1992 graduate of the University at Albany School of Business, Mr. Mejias obtained his Juris Doctor from Fordham University School of Law in 1995. He is the current chairman of the Long Island Hispanic Bar Association, and he also serves as vice president for the Nassau County Democratic Party.
About David Mejias
First Admitted: 1996, New York
Professional Webpage: https://mylongislandlawyers.com/dave
- The University at Albany School of Business, B.S. Marketing, 1992
- Top 40 Under 40 Business People, Long Island Busines News, 2007
- Man of the Year, Long Island Hispanic Bar Association, 2008
- Long Island Press Power List - 50 Most Powerful people on Long Island, Long Island Press, 2008
- Award, Nassau County Coalition Against Domestic Violence, 2006
- Long Island Business News' Diversity in Business Awards, 2016
- Man of the Year, Workplace Project, 2006
- Man of the Year, La Fuerza Unida de Glen Cove, 2007
- Top Ten Legal Eagles, 2013
- Long Island Hispanic Bar Association, Vice-President, 2011
Last Updated: 5/15/2022