Andrea L. Dumais
Top rated Family Law attorney in Goshen, New YorkStrauss Kallus Kimple Dumais, PLLC
Andrea L. Dumais is an attorney with Strauss & Kallus Law Offices in Goshen, New York. Serving a diverse range of clients throughout Orange, Sullivan, Ulster and Rock Island counties, Ms. Dumais provides exceptional representation and support to those who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families. Along with handling all aspects of family law and divorce, she has extensive experience defending the rights and liberties of those accused of serious felony and misdemeanor offenses.
A native of the Hudson Valley region, Ms. Dumais has a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect the residents of her community, and she has gained a reputation as being a personable attorney who strives to build strong professional relationships with her clients as she works hard to help them achieve the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Well-versed in mediation, she prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements without having to resort to costly, stressful and time-consuming court battles; however, she will not hesitate to take her clients' matters to court when necessary. Through her family law practice, she has gained invaluable experience handling complex business valuations and other complicated martial property allocations, and she has proven herself a dedicated advocate for children caught up in contentious custody matters.
Moreover, Ms. Dumais has achieved significant success handling same-sex family law issues, grandparent visitation matters, parenting time disputes, post-divorce modifications and enforcements, guardianships, pre- and postnuptial agreements, and all other related areas. Honored for her professionalism and service, she has earned numerous accolades from her peers along with many positive testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A dean's list scholar and graduate of Union College, Ms. Dumais obtained her Juris Doctor from Pace University School of Law in 2010. She is a graduate of the Leadership Orange Class of 2015-2016, and she received recognition from the Junior League of Orange County, NY, Inc., as among the top attorneys in her region. Active in her legal community, she is a member of the Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties and the New York State Bar Association as well as the American Association of Notaries.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Child Support, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, DUI/DWI, Divorce, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Failure to Pay Child Support, Marital Property, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law, Theft, Traffic Violations
First Admitted: 2011, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.goshenlawyer.com/attorneys-staff/andrea-dumais-a...
- Leadership Orange Class of 2015-2016 Graduate
- Orange County 2016 Rising Star – Junior League of Orange County, NY, Inc. and Leadership Orange
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Upstate New York, August 2019
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Upstate New York, August 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Upstate New York, August 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Upstate New York, August 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Upstate New York, August 2018
- New York State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties
- American Association of Notaries
- Union College, Schenectady, New York, B.A., Honors: Dean’s List, Major: Political Science Major and History Minor
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York, J.D. – 2010
Office location for Andrea L. Dumais
301 Main Street
Goshen, NY 10924
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2023