Anthony M. La Pinta
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Hauppauge, NY
Anthony M. La Pinta is one of Long Island’s most accomplished and respected trial attorneys. A lawyer for over twenty eight years, his practice is limited to representing clients in federal and state criminal defense and plaintiff’s personal injury matters. Mr. La Pinta represents the highest standards in the legal community. He has achieved the coveted rating of “Preeminent-AV” by the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell attorney peer review directory, and has been selected to the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 New York Metro editions of “Super Lawyers Magazine.” Mr. La Pinta has been described by judges and adversaries as “an attorney of the highest caliber,” and “one of the finest lawyers” on Long Island.
Mr. La Pinta has successfully defended many high profile cases that have drawn national media attention. He has extensive experience representing individuals and businesses that have been investigated or charged with white collar, nonviolent and violent crimes at the trial and appellate levels. Mr. La Pinta has achieved particular success in obtaining trial acquittals, developing sentencing mitigation, and securing post judgment relief. He has represented clients charged with murder, racketeering, conspiracy, money laundering, computer crimes, mail and wire fraud, public corruption, narcotics possession and distribution, tax evasion, arson, health care and insurance fraud, gambling, larceny, robbery, burglary, DWI/traffic offenses, and all other felony and misdemeanor crimes in federal, state and local courts. Some of his past clients include law enforcement officials, financiers, politicians, attorneys and physicians.
By also maintaining a significant civil law practice, Mr. La Pinta represents plaintiffs in civil rights and serious personal injury litigation matters involving false arrest and prosecution, excessive force by law enforce, wrongful death, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, mesothelioma cases, product liability,construction accidents, and professional liability cases. He has obtained numerous noteworthy trial verdicts and settlements in courts throughout the New York metropolitan region.
In addition to his teaching position as an adjunct professor at Touro Law School, Mr. La Pinta is also a routine lecturer for the Nassau and Suffolk County Bar Associations, the Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of New York and the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA). He is a past President of the Suffolk County Criminal Bar Association, a former Chairperson of the Suffolk County Bar Association’s Ethics and Professionalism Committee and a current member of the Attorney Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District. Mr. La Pinta has also served as Special Counsel The Village of Babylon, The Village of West Hampton Dunes, The Board of Trustees of Suffolk County Community College and The Suffolk County Democratic Committee. He has also been a contributor and legal commentator for Court TV, Fox News, Newsday and News 12 – Long Island.
Mr. La Pinta earned his undergraduate degrees from The State University of New York College at Oswego and his law degree from Temple University. He is admitted to practice law in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, as well as in the Federal District Courts of the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the District of New Jersey and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. He is currently the Managing Partner of Reynolds, Caronia, Gianelli & La Pinta, P.C., located in Hauppauge, New York.
Mr. La Pinta is a proven, experienced litigator who brings enormous energy, personal attention and an unmatched determination to every client he represents. His reputation and ability as a fierce and respected advocate has produced outstanding results for his clients.
- 80%Criminal Defense
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About Anthony M. La Pinta
First Admitted: 1992, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://lapintalaw.com/
- Lecturer, Suffolk County Bar Association
- Lecturer, Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of New York
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy, Touro Law School, 2015-Present
- Adjunct Professor of Criminal Law, St. Joseph's College, 2008-Present
- Instructor, National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Lecturer, Nassau County Bar Association
- State University of New York College at Oswego, B.S., B.A., 1988
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2014-2017
- AV Preeminent, Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
- Suffolk County Criminal Bar Association, Past President, 2006-2007
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New Jersey, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, 1993
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Attorney Grievance Committee, Member, 2010-Present
- New York State Bar Association, Criminal Law Section
- New York, 1993
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1993
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Professional Ethics Committee, Chairperson, 2008-2009
- Nassau County Criminal Bar Association
- Connecticut, 1992
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 1993
Last Updated: 5/15/2022