David D. Barnhorn
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Hauppauge, NY
An attorney at the Law Office Of Peter A. Romero, David D. Barnhorn focuses his practice exclusively on labor and employment law. He provides representation to clients throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties, New York City, and the surrounding greater New York City metropolitan area from the firm's main office in Hauppauge. Held in high regard by his fellow professionals, Mr. Barnhorn has received an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo. Admitted to practice before all New York and New Jersey state courts, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Barnhorn's client base consists of prospective, current and former employees, as well as employers. The types of matters that he has handled have included claims based on discrimination covered by such statutes as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Mr. Barnhorn's experience also includes Family and Medical Leave Act matters, numerous wage and hour disputes arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and he has worked on cases involving wrongful termination and other forms of retaliation. In addition to his courtroom work, Mr. Barnhorn has appeared on behalf of his clients before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights.
Mr. Barnhorn majored in journalism at the University of Cincinnati, and he received a Bachelor of Arts in 2009. He then went on to attend the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University on Long Island, and he served on the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal for two years before being awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2012.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About David D. Barnhorn
First Admitted: 2012, New Jersey
- Super Lawyers, Selected to Rising Stars in Employment & Labor Category, 2016-2017
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- University of Cincinnati, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Major: Journalism, Minor: Philosophy
- Notes and Comments Editor, Volume 29, Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal, Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- Co-Author, Speak the Truth and Tell No Lies: An Update for the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal, Volume 29.1, Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- Staff, Volume 28, Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal, Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022