Robert A. Cohen
Top rated Family Law attorney in Hauppauge, New YorkTabat, Cohen, Blum, Yovino & Diesa PC
Practice Areas: Family Law
Licensed in New York since: 1980
Education: New York Law School
Tabat, Cohen, Blum, Yovino & Diesa PC150 Motor Parkway
Hauppauge, NY 11788 Phone: 631-983-3626 Email: Robert A. Cohen Visit website
Robert A. Cohen has been practicing divorce and family law on Long Island for over 40 years. All of the seven attorneys at Tabat, Cohen, Blum, Yovino & Diesa, PC have been awarded Super Lawyers status. The firm handles all kinds of divorce, property division, child custody, support and Family Court matters. One of our partners has a successful mediation practice within the firm.
Maintaining excellent attorney-client relationships has been the cornerstone of Mr. Cohen’s success. He returns calls, responds to emails and gives direct and honest legal advice. He has received myriad testimonials from his satisfied clients.
As a tribute to his professional excellence and high ethical standards, Mr. Cohen was awarded an AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. He was listed in the “Top 10 Legal Eagles” by Long Island Pulse Magazine and among the Top 10 Attorneys by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys. He holds an Avvo “Superb” rating and was nominated to the Nation's Top Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
A 1976 Bachelor of Arts graduate of American University, Mr. Cohen received his Juris Doctor from the New York Law School in 1979. He was admitted to practice in all the state courts of New York in 1980. An enthusiastic public speaker, he regularly shares his trial methodologies with fellow lawyers and also speaks on topics such as child custody, equitable distribution and child support.
Mr. Cohen is a member of the Board of Directors of the Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association and frequent lecturer for the Suffolk County Academy of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1980, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.divorcelongisland.com/attorneys/robert-a-cohen/
- Lead Counsel Rated; Thompson Reuters, 2014 & 2020
- Nation’s Top 1% Award; National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015-2020
- Top 10 Attorney Award; The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- Legal Eagle, 2012-2020
- Top Lawyer in the NY Metro Area; Super Lawyers, 2007- 2020
- Long Island’s Top Rated Lawyer; ALM Legal Leaders, 2014- 2017
- Rated 10.0 out of 10.0 “Superb”; Avvo, 2013-2020
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating; Martindale-Hubbell®, 2006-2020
- Top Legal Eagle; Long Island Pulse Magazine, 2012-2016
- Member, Matrimonial Committee, Suffolk County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association Suffolk County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association
- New York, 1980
- B.A., American University, B.A, 1976
- Attorney-Client Privilege issues in matrimonial law. Practical applications and practice tips, Lecturer, Attorney-Client Privilege, Suffolk County Academy of Law, 2019
- Enforcement of Support Obligations. Effective use of the remedies provided in the Domestic Relations Law, Family Court Act and Civil Practice Laws and Rules, Lecturer, Enforcement of Support Obligations, Suffolk County Academy of Law, 2018
- Seminar for Attorneys for Children-Trial Skills, Lecturer, Cross Examination Skills, Suffolk County Academy of Law, 2019
- S v. S: Change of custody after trial from mother to father. G v. D: Change of custody after hearing from father to mother. B v. B: Award to Wife after trial for share of marital residence value despite waiver of rights in Pre-Nuptial Agreement. C v. C: Award to Wife after trial and cross examination of accountant for substantially more than accountant testified was proper amount due, 2019
- P v. P - Outcome: Wife awarded portion of Husband's complex pension benefits
- K v. K - Outcome: Wife directed to pay monetary sanctions and husband's attorney's fees
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023