Michael J. Alber
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Huntington Station, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018
The founder of the Law Offices of Michael J. Alber, Michael J. Alber divides his practice primarily between family law and criminal defense, although he has significant commercial litigation experience as well. Located in Commack, New York, he provides representation to clients in Suffolk and Nassau counties and other parts of the greater New York City metropolitan area. Mr. Alber is admitted to practice in New York and before several federal courts.
Mr. Alber's family law practice is largely centered on assisting people who are facing the end of their marriage and who are thus having to deal with such issues as child custody and visitation, the equitable division of marital assets and debts, and alimony and child support. Many of his divorce cases have involved high-profile couples with extensive and complex holdings, and he has helped his clients obtain favorable results both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. In addition to his matrimonial practice, Mr. Alber has represented domestic violence victims who are seeking protective orders from the court.
In his criminal defense practice, Mr. Alber has represented clients who have been issued felony or misdemeanor charges by the state or federal government. The types of matters that he has handled have included drug possession and trafficking, fraud and other white collar crimes, and driving while intoxicated by alcohol or drugs. Mr. Alber's successful track record in all of these endeavors has earned him a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, he has been named to both The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. A graduate of the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, Mr. Alber is a member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers and other professional groups.
About Michael J. Alber
First Admitted: 2008, New York
Professional Webpage: https://alberlegal.com/michael-j-alber-esq/
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association
- Nassau County Matrimonial Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- 2017 Lawyer of Distinction for Divorce and Family Law, recognizing the top 10% of Divorce and Family Lawyers in the United States
- In 2016 Michael was honored as a Top American Lawyer by Top American Lawyers, recognizing less than (1%) of the nation’s lawyers
- 2017 American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers in the State of New York
- 2016 Michael was named to the America’s Top 100 Lawyer List, which comprises some of the best attorneys in the country and he was honored with a lifetime achievement award for his accomplishments in the area of criminal defense work
- 2015 American Society of Legal Advocates recognized Michael as a top 40 under 40 Lawyer in the area of criminal defense for New York State.
- Accepted into the National College of DUI Defense, an elite organization comprised of attorneys from across the country
- Accepted into America’s Premier DUI Attorney’s comprising some of the best DUI lawyers in the country
- Holds 10/10 AVVO rating
- 2015 and 2016 National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyer (Criminal Defense)
- 10 Best Lawyer for Client Satisfaction, American Institute for Criminal Law Attorney, 2016
- Accepted into the National College of DUI Defense
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2015
- Accepted into the Who's Whol Global Directory as a Top Lawyer
- Top 40 under 40 Lawyer, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2015
- Accepted into New York Super Lawyers Rising Star list
Last Updated: 5/15/2022