Laurie B. Kazenoff
Top Rated Tax Attorney in Huntington, NY
Laurie B. Kazenoff is a tax attorney at the law firm of Kazenoff Tax Law PLLC located in Huntington, New York. With over 33 years of experience in the legal field, she previously served as Chief Counsel Senior Tax Attorney in the Internal Revenue Service. Ms. Kazenoff also served as a senior manager in tax controversy for a well-known accounting firm.
Ms. Kazenoff’s represents clients with tax law matters, including, but not limited to, tax controversies, payroll tax and responsible officer assessments, tax reporting, donations of cryptocurrency, sales tax, penalty abatements, installment payment agreements and reasonable compensation of S and C Corp officers. She is a go-to lawyer for her knowledgeable counsel and immense skill in dealing with tax issues and has numerous high net worth clients in media, medicine, entertainment, sports, banking and so on.
Providing dedicated and sound legal services to her clients, Kazenoff is a tireless and zealous advocate for their rights. She communicates well and keeps her clients informed throughout the legal process. For her remarkable work in the tax law arena, she has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale Hubbell.
Additionally, Ms. Kazenoff was included in the list of Long Island Business News Who's Who in Women in Professional Services. She currently is on Law360’s Federal Tax Authority Editorial Board. Actively affiliated in the legal community, Ms. Kazenoff has memberships in the American Bar Association, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, the Nassau County Bar Association, the National Conference of CPA Practitioners, the New York City Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Suffolk County Bar Association.
Obtaining a bachelor’s degree in English with honors from the University of Pennsylvania, Ms. Kazenoff earned her Juris Doctor from the Temple University Beasley School of Law. In the same law school, she began to pursue her master’s of law in taxation degree and completed her final year of LL.M. at the New York University School of Law.
Admitted to practice in the states of New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Ms. Kazenoff is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. Federal Court of Claims. She has extensive experience taking on cases related to all aspects of tax law in an efficient manner and has obtained numerous favorable settlements on her clients’ behalf.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Laurie B. Kazenoff
First Admitted: 1985, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.kazenofftaxlaw.com/about
- Published Article “US Taxpayers May Have a Nasty Surprise in the 2018 Filing Season” in the September 2018 issue of Geneva Group International’s Insider Newsletter, Author, “US Taxpayers May Have a Nasty Surprise in the 2018 Filing Season”, Geneva Group International, Geneva Group International
- “New York State Taxes and Florida Residency: What you need to know if you intend to purchase property in Florida” Lecturer/Presenter at 92 St Y, Manhattan, Presenter, “New York State Taxes and Florida Residency: What you need to know if you intend to purchase property in Florida.”, City of Tomorrow Real Estate, Architecture & Design Summit at 92 St Y
- Presenter and Organizer, Keynote Speakers, Long Island Tax Professionals Symposium, 2017
- "United States Tax Court - Working with IRS Counsel" presenter, "Steps or Mis-steps that can lead to Tax Court", Presenter, U.S. Tax Court - Working with IRS Counsel, Nassau County Bar Association
- To Deduct or Not to Deduct: Income Tax Deductions and Deduction “Mistakes”; "Income Tax Audits", Presenter, Nassau Bar Association
- Published article "A New United States Tax Collection Tool: Revocation Or Denial Of A U.S. Passport" in Geneva Group International's Tax Controversy Newsletter, Author, "A New United States Tax Collection Tool: Revocation Or Denial Of A U.S. Passport", Geneva Group International
- Who’s Who in Women in Professional Services, Long Island Business News, 2016
- AV Rated Preeminent Attorney, AV Rated Attorney, Martindale- Hubbell, 2017
Pro bono/Community Service
- I offer assistance to artists, musicians and others in the entertainment industry who may have tax controversy issues with the IRS or New York State taxing authorities
- Northeast Regional Board Member, American Kidney Fund
- Board Member, Research Committee, NephCure International
- Former Senior Trial Attorney, Internal Revenue Service Office of Chief Counsel, Brooklyn District Counsel, 1988 through 1995
- Former IRS Estate & Gift Tax Attorney, Estate & Gift Tax Division, Internal Revenue Service, 1987 through 1988
- New York
- Federal Court of Claims
- U.S. Tax Court
- Active member in the Tax Law Committee
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A
- Masters of Law in Taxation (LL.M), Temple University Beasley School of Law, completed final year of LL.M. at NYU
- Admitted to Practice in New Jersey, 1986
- Admitted to Practice in Pennsylvania, 1985
Last Updated: 5/15/2022