Frederick C. Johs
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Islandia, New YorkLewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP
A founding partner of Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP, Frederick C. Johs offers clients throughout the state more than three decades of civil litigation experience from the firm's office in Islandia, New York. As the firm's senior trial partner, he has built a reputation for finding common sense ways to settle even complex cases in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Mr. Johs provides defense representation in cases dealing with matters such as contract disputes, labor relations and medical malpractice, and he is a member of the firm's Catastrophic Loss Response Team.
After earning his Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting from Hofstra University in 1976, Mr. Johs went on to pursue his legal education at St. John's University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1978. Admitted to practice in New York, he is also admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Mr. Johs has received a number of prestigious awards and honors during his distinguished legal career, and he is highly regarded by his fellow professionals. The recipient of an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, he has also been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. Mr. Johs is an active participant in several legal organizations, including the American and New York State bar associations, the Defense Research Institute, the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Inc., and the Suffolk County Bar Association. He is also a member of the board of directors of Boys Hope Girls Hope and serves on the board of governors of Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: defense, Business litigation, Construction litigation: business, Personal injury - products: defense, Transportation/maritime
Medical malpractice, Non-compete agreements, Construction defects, Transportation law
- 60% Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Personal injury - products: defense
- 10% Transportation/maritime
First Admitted: 1981, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lewisjohs.com/attorneys/frederick-c-johs/
- Honored as one of the ten best trial lawyers on Long Island
- Long Island Business News Annual Leadership in Law awards, Life Time Achievement Award, Long Island Business News, 2017
- Long Island Pulse Magazine rated Fred a Top Legal Eagle in Suffolk and Nassau Counties for litigation
- “Super Lawyers”
- Best Lawyers
- “AV” by Martindale Hubbell
- Board of Boys Hope Girls Hope
- Vice-Chairman on the Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District
- Board of Advancement for Commerce Industry & Technology, Inc.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association, Member
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member
- Past president of Advancement for Commerce Industry & Technology, Inc.
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Board of Governors of Touro Law School
- New York
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Member
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Lloyd’s Library, Symposium on litigation
- New York State Bar Association, Lectured on medical malpractice litigation and trial techniques
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Lectured on medical malpractice litigation and trial techniques
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Hofstra University
- Long Island Business News Hall of Fame, 2018
- Levittown Hall of Fame, 2019
Office location for Frederick C. Johs
1377 Motor Pkwy
Islandia, NY 11749
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2022