Jason T. Katz
Top rated personal injury attorney in Islandia, New YorkLewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP
Jason T. Katz is an equity partner at Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP, in Islandia, New York. Mr. Katz serves clients in New York in matters sounding in Labor Law, premises and motor vehicle litigation as well as catastrophic loss response, crisis and risk management, transportation law and appellate practice.
Mr. Katz has litigation experience at the state and appellate levels and is licensed in New York as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York. He is a member of the appellate and catastrophic loss response teams at Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP, and has litigated numerous high-profile cases over the course of his practice.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Katz is actively involved in his legal and professional communities. He enjoys mentoring young attorneys and speaking on legal topics to individuals and groups. He serves in various leadership roles and is a member of the Nassau County Bar Association, Suffolk County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, CLM and the Defense Research Institute.
Outside of the office, Mr. Katz is involved with charitable organizations throughout Long Island. He has earned recognition for his work in this area, including a “leadership award” from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Mr. Katz graduated magna cum laude from the State University of New York at Albany and earned his law degree from Albany Law School.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: defense, Appellate
Motor vehicle accidents, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Trucking accidents, Personal injury - defense, Appeals
- 70% Personal injury - general: defense
- 30% Appellate
First Admitted: 1991, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.lewisjohs.com/attorneys/jason-t-katz/
- Super Lawyers 2015-2020, Super Lawyers
- Recipient, Leadership Award, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 2005
- Order of Barristers Award
- Lectured - New York State Court of Claims (Judges)
- Published, Suffolk Lawyer, 2020
- State University of New York at Albany, magna cum laude, 1988
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1994
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- State of New Jersey, 1991
- Nassau/Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- State of New York, 1992
- Member, Nassau County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1994
- Defense Research Institute, Member Primerus
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Office location for Jason T. Katz
1377 Motor Pkwy
Islandia, NY 11749
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022