Jeffrey M. Pincus
Top rated transportation & maritime attorney in Islandia, New YorkLewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP
Jeffrey M. Pincus is partner at Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP, and represents clients in the New York metropolitan area and Nassau and Suffolk counties. While his criminal law background allows him to continue to represent those who have been accused of committing a crime, the majority of his practice is dedicated to defending the best interests of companies and organizations involved in personal injury cases, including litigation and trials, construction and labor law, general liability, medical and professional malpractice defense, automobile and premises liability, product liability, personal injury, property damage, transportation and nursing home defense.
Mr. Pincus earned a Bachelor of Arts when he graduated cum laude in 1986 from the University of New York at Albany, then obtained a Juris Doctor in 1989 from Hofstra University School of Law. Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and by the state of New York, Mr. Pincus started his career in criminal prosecution as an assistant district attorney.
He is now a member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, the Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce, the Transportation Lawyers Association, the Risk Insurance Management Society, the Defense Research Institute, the Nassau Suffolk Trial Lawyer’s Association and the Nassau County Bar Association. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
After trying cases for over 25 years, Mr. Pincus is now a member of the firm’s Catastrophic Loss Response Team. With such extensive knowledge and experience behind him, he regularly lectures to attorneys, insurance organizations and corporate clients on many complex issues.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasTransportation/maritime, Personal injury - general: defense
Transportation law, Personal injury - plaintiff, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 60% Transportation/maritime
- 40% Personal injury - general: defense
First Admitted: 1990, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lewisjohs.com/attorneys/jeffrey-m-pincus/
- Lewis Johs’ Catastrophic Loss Response Team, Member
- Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce
- The Transportation Lawyer
- Presentation and Cross Examination of Expert Witnesses
- The Implication of the Internet Age on Employer’s Responsibilities
- Catastrophic Loss Response
- Preservation of Evidence
- Crisis Communication Planning
- Hofstra Labor Law Journal, Managing Editor of Articles, Hofstra University School of Law
- United States District Court of the Southern District of New York
- Defense Research Institute
- Former Assistant District Attorney’s Association of Nassau County
- United States District Court of the Eastern District of New York
- Nassau Suffolk Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association, Executive Committee
- New York State
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Risk Insurance Management Society
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Super Lawyers, New York Metro Area
- University of New York at Albany, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1986
Office location for Jeffrey M. Pincus
1377 Motor Pkwy
Islandia, NY 11749
- Super Lawyers: 2012, 2016 - 2017, 2021 - 2022