Robert W. Doyle, Jr.
Top rated personal injury attorney in Islandia, New YorkLewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP
Attorney Robert W. Doyle Jr. is a partner with Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP, which has offices in Islandia, New York, and New York City. Maintaining a successful trial practice, Mr. Doyle represents a diverse range of clients across Long Island and throughout the Greater New York City metropolitan region with their complex and challenging civil litigation matters.
Over the course of his more than 25-year legal career, Mr. Doyle has gained extensive experience in many different areas of the law. Along with prosecuting all types of plaintiff personal injury claims, he also defends health care professionals and providers against tortious malpractice claims.
As a criminal defense attorney, he has achieved notable success defending the rights and liberties of those charged with serious felony offenses, and he also served Long Island school districts in prosecuting corrupt superintendents and school board members. In addition, Mr. Doyle routinely serves as outside counsel for businesses of all sizes, offering invaluable advice with matters involving general operations and employment law compliance, and representing their interests in any employment- or business-related litigation.
After graduating from the University of Virginia in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts in American government, Mr. Doyle attended Washington and Lee University School of Law, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1992. He is licensed to practice in Maryland and New York as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
A consummate professional, he is involved with a number of local, state and national bar associations, and he has served in a number of leadership roles, including president, for the Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association.
Widely regarded as one of the region's top trial attorneys, he holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he gives back to his community through his service to various local and regional charitable and athletic organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: defense, Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense, Criminal defense
Personal injury - plaintiff, Personal injury - defense, Medical malpractice, Criminal law
- 70% Personal injury - general: defense
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense
- 10% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1992, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.lewisjohs.com/attorneys/robert-w-doyle-jr/
- Lecturer, New York State Bar Association
- Lecturer, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Lecturer, Suffolk County Bar Association
- Lecturer, Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Trustees, Catholic Health Services Continuing Care Division, 2010 – 2014
- Chair, Audit Committee, Catholic Health Services Continuing Care Division
- Member, Board of Trustees, Maryhaven Center of Hope, 2005-2011
- Chair, Finance Committee, Catholic Health Services Continuing Care Division
- Member, Executive Committee, Catholic Health Services Continuing Care Division
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers, New York Metro edition
- Preeminent AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2014
- Member, Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association
- Executive Board, Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, 2010-Present
- Member, Judicial Screening Committee, Suffolk County Bar Association, 2010-2014
- United States District Court, Eastern Districts of New York
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Supreme Court Committee
- Advisory Council for Stony Brook University’s Athletic Department
- Past President, Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, 2014-2015
- Treasurer, Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-2010
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Board of Directors, Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, 2006-Present
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern Districts of New York
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts in American Government, 1989
Office location for Robert W. Doyle, Jr.
1377 Motor Pkwy
Islandia, NY 11749
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022