Scott Michael Mishkin
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Islandia, NY
As the founder of his own law firm, Scott Michael Mishkin P.C., located in Islandia, New York, Scott Michael Mishkin has dedicated himself to the representation of clients throughout the Long Island area for more than 21 years. A strong believer in fighting workplace discrimination, Mr. Mishkin has focused his practice on employment and labor law cases, and he has provided representation to both employers and employees in both private industries as well as the public sector. Representative matters he has handled have included severance agreements, noncompete agreements, management and labor relations, formal workplace discrimination and retaliation complaints, investigation of complaints, federal employment law matters, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, wage and overtime law, appeals, employee handbook preparation and employment litigation.
After completing his undergraduate degree at Temple University, Mr. Mishkin then went on to obtain a master's degree from what is now known as Stony Brook University. He then began working and encountered several situations of workplace discrimination and harassment due to his ethnicity and his religious beliefs. The experience made Mr. Mishkin determined to go into a profession in which he could effectively fight against such illegal action, and he went on to attend the Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1993. Admitted to practice before all New York state courts, Mr. Mishkin has been in private practice since that time.
Mr. Mishkin appreciates the fact that most of his clients spend more time at work than at home, and he takes significant pride in the work he performs on their behalf. He has frequently been invited to speak on employment law matters at his law school alma mater.
About Scott Michael Mishkin
First Admitted: 1993, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.longislandlaborlawyer.com/About-Our-Firm/Scott-M-...
- Guest lecturer, Touro Law School
- Officer and Trustee Suffolk Academy of Law
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Board of Director, Suffolk Academy of Law
- New York State Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial District Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year
- Judge, New York State Mock Trial Competition
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year
- 2013 and 2014, Super Lawyer
- Successful verdicts and settlements throughout career within the Federal system.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Tenth Judicial District Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Recipient.
- Certified Mediator and Arbitrator in the Eastern District of New York for resolving employment litigation matters.
- 1983 Temple University BA 1988 Stony Brook University, MA
- Car Dealerships
- College Universities
- Companion Workers
- Construction Industry
- Department Of Labor Both Federal And State
- Domestic Workers
- Law Firms
- Medical Practices
- Police Departments
- School Teachers And Districts
- State And Municipalities
- Wage And Hour
Last Updated: 5/15/2022