Thomas J. Dargan
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Islandia, NY
Thomas J. Dargan is a partner with Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP, and he practices out of the firm's office in Islandia, New York. Focusing his practice on complex civil litigation, he provides defense representation to clients throughout the state in matters involving catastrophic, trucking, construction and products liability accidents as well as employment law, premises security and dram shop cases. Mr. Dargan is a member of the firm's Catastrophic Loss Response Team.
Mr. Dargan graduated cum laude with his Bachelor of Arts in English literature from Providence College in 1993. He then pursued his legal education at what is now known as the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, where he was an editor on the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1996. Admitted to practice in New York, Mr. Dargan is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Dargan's skilled defense of his clients in complex commercial and catastrophic claims matters is well-known. In 2013, Long Island Pulse magazine named him to its list of Long Island's Top Legal Eagles. His representative clients include transportation and trucking companies, working directly for them or representing them through their insurance providers.
Dedicated to his community, Mr. Dargan volunteers his time to the New York School Bus Contractors Association and the Baldwin Union Free School District. He is additionally actively involved with the Three Village Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Dargan has written articles on transportation law matters for a variety of legal publications, and he is a member of the Trucking Law Committee of DRI.
About Thomas J. Dargan
First Admitted: 1997, New York
Professional Webpage: http://lewisjohs.com/archives/375
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, cum laude, in English Literature from Providence College
- Named and Featured in Long Island Pulse Magazine's 2013 Top Legal Eagles List
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers New York Metro Area in 2013 and 2014
- Top 40 under 40, Long Island Business News, 2009
- Research Editor of the Hofstra Labor Law Journal, Hofstra University School of Law, 1996
Pro bono/Community Service
- New York School Bus Contractors Association
- Baldwin Union Free School District
- Lewis Johs Catastrophic Loss Response Team, Member
- United States District Court for the Eastern Districts of New York, 1998
- Defense Research Institute ("DRI"), Member
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of New York, 1998
- Transportation Lawyers Association, Member
- Three Village Chamber of Commerce
- State of New York, 1997
- Primerus Transportation Practice Group, Executive Committee Member
- DRI's Trucking Committee, Member
- Lecturer, Medicare Reporting Act Seminar for NYSBA, 2010
- School Bus Safety: What Can Our Schools Do To Protect Our Children, The Transportation Lawyer, 2014
- DRI Trucking Committee
Last Updated: 5/15/2022