Michael A. Schillinger
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Islip, New YorkLaw Office of Michael A. Schillinger, Esq.
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, DUI-DWI, White collar crimes; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2017
Education: St. John's University School of Law
Law Office of Michael A. Schillinger, Esq.142 Freeman Ave
Islip, NY 11751 Visit website
Attorney Mike Schillinger is the founder and owner of the Law Office of Michael A. Schillinger, Esq., which has offices located in Islip, Forest Hills, and Astoria New York. A top-ranked trial and transactional attorney with more than five years of legal experience, Mike provides exceptional counsel, advocacy and support to a diverse range of clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Criminal defense
· Federal criminal defense
. Corporate Summonses
. Personal Summonses
· Real estate law
· Traffic law
· DUI law
· Family law
· Wills and probate
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Schillinger has achieved remarkable success helping his clients obtain the favorable outcomes they seek for their complex legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. A former assistant district attorney with the Queens District Attorney's Office, he has invaluable insight into the criminal justice system from both sides, which enables him to devise the most effective defense strategies for the accused.
Mr. Schillinger also worked as a staff assistant to Congressman Peter King, and he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
Mr. Schillinger graduated summa cum laude from St. John's University with a degree in legal studies, and he participated in the school's mock trial team. He then returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from St. John's University School of Law in 2016. While there, he was executive director of the Frank S. Polestino Trial Advocacy Institute, and he placed as finalist in several mock trial and advocacy competitions, including the American Bar Association National Criminal Justice Trial Competition.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar, Family law, Real estate: business
Criminal law, Traffic violations, DUI/DWI, Adoption, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Condominiums & cooperatives, Landlord/tenant, Mortgage & refinance
- 60% Criminal defense
- 10% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
- 10% Family law
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 2017, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.michaelschillinger.com/attorney/schillinger-mich...
- Honors: Executive Director on the board of the Palestino Trial Advocacy Institute, Internals Coach, 2015, John Marshall Law School/American Bar Association Criminal Justice Trial Competition, Finalist, 2015, Buffalo – Niagara Mock Trial Competition, Semi-Finalist, 2014, Texas Young Lawyer’s Association National Trial Competition National Tournament, Competitor, Regional Co-Champion, 2014, Quinnipiac Trial Advocacy Competition, Finalist, 2013, Brian L. Peterson 1L Mock Trial Competition, First Place, 2013, St. John's University School of Law
- Michael Schillinger was named a member of the National Trial Lawyer's Top 40 under 40 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers in New York, Top 40 under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers in New York, The National Trial Lawyers, 2021
- St. John’s University, Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude, Legal Studies
- Member of the Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens County, and New York State Bar Associations., 2021
Office location for Michael A. Schillinger
142 Freeman Ave
Islip, NY 11751
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023